Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Water leaks into the hull from the bottom of the six rod holders on my Pro Angler in rough waters. I thought Hobie originally made plugs for these but I called and they don't anymore? Any suggestions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:44 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If the water is leaking around the flat plastic face of the rod holder, consider unscrewing it from the bulkhead, clean the surfaces and apply a liberal coating of Marine Goop around the inside edge, then reattach the rod holder to the bulkhead.

If the water is actually leaking into the hull via the tube, consider making a simple plug using a smaller pool noodle.....twist/jam it into the rod holder about 2" and cut it flush with a fillet knife....then stuff some marine goop into the small center hole.....I did this to my rod holders just to keep water out of them as draining it is not real easy. You can always remove the pool noodle if use of the tube is needed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you have a place to buy racketballs that will work great. Just push into place. I haul my PA 14 backwards on the trailer, so I have all six holes with racketballs in place. I do not use the rod racks because I have a rocket launcher instead. I like having my rods behind me and up above the water a lot highter then the rod holders on the yak.

Good luck with pluging the holes.