Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

and I'm still l0vin the PA life.

I've caught bass, gar, bream, crappie, redfish, sheepshead, ladyfish, tarpon, trout and several trees, sticks, rocks, weeds and other assorted stuff both in and out of the water. I've run my Hobie into sand bars, oyster bars, mud, underwater roots and fallen trees and, once, a manatee (his fault, not mine). I've had it out on Lakes and in streams, and all over the Banana River flats. I've even towed in a boat with a busted motor in (Lake Washington - 19 ft ProCraft CC). And I've had manatee, dolphin and gators all interested in the giant yellow thing paddling around in the environment (manatee seem to really dig the Mirage fins... I gotta fold them flat when they're too close or they'll start playing with them).

I love this dang yak.

My goal this year is to catch bigger and better fish with it. I'm not headed out to the ocean - the recent rash of shark attacks on everything from surfboards to powerboats, including the disappearance of a saltwater kayak fisherman in Dauphin Island, Alabama) - but plan to spend more time fishing and playing with my yak.

Tight lines, all. Happy 2015.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:55 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I know some of our Hobie fishermen brothers "Down Under" use this device http://www.sharkshield.com/
I would consider it cheap insurance if you are worried about a shark attack. This is a proven repel/device.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm using the shark shield. I live in Perth Western Australia and bought it before I started my first sea fish. Have to say it gives me piece of mind and fits nicely on my 2014 pa 12. I attach it to the seat leg and feed the cord down the closest scupper hole. I have only done several trips in the sea and have not spotted any taxman so far :-)

I did nose around the web on the product, and it's used widely. The Aussie navy use it too. Search you tube... There is a lot of content showing it in action.

Cheers