Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I installed a Hobie Universal Anchor Trolley on my 2015 PA12. I read some reviews of people who had problems with the the pulley holes lining up with the pre-drilled holes and nuts on the PA's. I had no issues and the holes lined up perfectly. I installed the trolley as per the instructions with a little tension in the bungee when I tied it off. If anything I probably tied it off a little too loose. good thing i did, because the day after I went fishing I noticed the anchor trolley line was way too tight. I couldn't believe the rope would shrink that much so I tested a 4 foot piece of leftover rope. I got it wet and then let it dry over night. I was surprised to find the next morning that the rope shrunk just over 4 inches. I went back and checked the instructions and there is nothing mentioned about the rope shrinking. I wish they would've supplied pre-shrunken rope or mentioned it in the instructions, because if the rope doesn't stretch back out a bit, I'm going to have to replace the rope. It's way too tight now. If you install the Hobie Universal Trolley, I'd leave the line a little loose or tie it off so there's no tension on the bungee. If your rope shrinks it will probably end up just right. If it doesn't then you can always tighten it up. Unfortunately for me it's off to the hardware store to buy more rope.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just add a little bit of rope to it.

The manual does say:
"Overtime, the line will stretch and slacken on the sides of the boat. Tighten up
the lines periodically to keep the trolley system taut."