Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello

This is my first post in the forum, great website!. I am not new to Hobies since I owned an Outback for a couple of years but I am looking forward to getting the new Pro Angler. I am pretty excited about the boat.

I ordered a PA 14 late February from ACK Houston. I have been checking status since then but they seem to be backordered. I was recently given a shipping date some time the week of 5/17. I don't mind a little bit of wait but my delivery date keeps getting pushed out every couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I sold my outback pretty early and now I am losing my sanity with this warm weather. I need to go fishing pretty bad.

1) I was curious if anyone knows if this is some kind of regional issue or is it just on my local dealer? I have never waited this long for a kayak.

2) Considering my current time frame. Does anyone know if my new boat will require the warranty fix on the skeg issue?

Looking forward to sharing fishing stories, hopefully some time soon. (or this year!)
Thank you

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

More than regional... this is World Wide. We are WAY up in sales and production can not keep up. We are about to close July's production (sold out), so this will continue for dealers who did not have orders in place.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:09 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I guess this speaks volumes in the growing popularity of Hobie and kayaks in general. I had a totally different experience when I ordered mine a little over a year ago. I ordered a PA14 on a Thursday night in April 2014 after 11PM from ACK.com. On Monday morning, I received a call from the trucking company to schedule a delivery date. It was delivered Friday. So, basically ordered and took delivery at my home here in Kansas in 8 days.

1 year later, I tell everyone I can that it was the single best investment I have ever made. This coming from a 6'6" 250lb about to turn 50 year old man that had to have 3 epidural shots in his back last year and has severe arthritis.

Jeff

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I had the same experience. I was told to pick it up this weekend. Good things come to those who wait.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:13 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mariner Sails in Dallas had some if you want to take a drive. We bought 2 a couple weeks ago and the had a huge row of them. mariner-sails.com

Tim

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

As with everything in the Seattle-area, the popularity of Hobie kayak fishing appears to be booming. I just bought a PA 14 from Gig Harbor Fly Shop (which I highly recommend), and I think that, in addition to selling out their first shipment, they've already sold all of the boats they've got coming in next month.

Loving the boat!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mariner sails had a few in the olive color and papaya last time I checked. Also, when I bought my PA17T from Eisenhower yacht club they had a couple as well. I don't think they had the dune color though if that's what your looking for.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you all for the responses and store info.

My current order status now shows the boat shipping from Hobie this coming Monday. We will see...

The great staff at the local ack gave me a rental pro angler 14 for a day and was finally able to catch a few fish yesterday. What a boat, it is definitely worth the wait.