Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
equipment all over the highway in transport

You have this loaded on a trailer? That makes more sense as to the failures. There would be significant impact pressure on the parts while bouncing down the road. Using elastic relieves that.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

mmiller wrote:
Quote:
equipment all over the highway in transport

You have this loaded on a trailer? That makes more sense as to the failures. There would be significant impact pressure on the parts while bouncing down the road. Using elastic relieves that.

Yes, Matt, I do trailer my Pro Angler 14. And Yes, the elastic relieves the problem of the plastic failing. I'm pretty sure that most people purchasing the H crate who trailer their Hobies would travel with them ready to enter the water upon arriving at the boat ramp. As I said, I love the crate and I have solved my problems with the way I intend to use it.

This post may serve as a heads up for those other Hobie members out there planning to use it in a similar fashion.

The forum provides an exchange of ideas amongst members and Hobie to help improve the product line and serve the growing needs of fishermen using your products.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Okay...I just picked up my H Crate this afternoon from Great Outdoor Provision Co in Raleigh, NC and with all the heavy rains and flooding here in NC and SC, I decided to go ahead and assemble the H Crate myself since I can't get out on the water. I know several of you have mentioned that it was very difficult to assemble and I could understand how that might be. However, I was fortunate that mine was not that difficult to get it to go together. I did struggle at first with pushing the H Rails into the openings on the legs but they eventually snapped into place just fine......it only took me about 15 minutes. I think this will be a great addition to the Hobie accessory line even though it is a bit pricey...but I feel well worth it!!!

I too like to leave home and travel with pretty much everything in place and ready to go except my bait tank(this H Crate is for my son's PA) and I read where one of you had issues with the straps breaking the plastic tabs during transport so I might just travel with the crate in the truck until I get to the launch area!!

Thanks Hobie for another great product!!

Nathan

Accent Paddles
Columbia Sportswear
Astral PFD