Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Question for all those who have the Power Pole installed on their PA 12 or 14....do you like it and is it worth the money? I can see many benefits of the Micro PP but not sure I want to take the plunge for $$$$. Anything you don't like about it or it does not do as well as you thought? I fish inshore 5-6 weekends a year on the NC coast, carp fish, catfish and crappie fish freshwater rest of the year.

Thanks

Accent Paddles
Columbia Sportswear
Astral PFD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Been wondering the same thing. I have found myself in so many situations where it would be so useful. However, what I don't like is how would I reboard the PA if needed. From the back seems to be easiest. I have built a nice anchor management system but it would be so nice to just instantly stick the boat exactly when I need to then up and go. Boat control is paramount to success fishing inshore and bass fishing whether you are in a kayak or a flats boat. More control would equal more fish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I use mine constantly. I really like it. I primarily bass fish on lake Guntersville in North Alabama. We have expansive flats areas and I find it very useful, especially when it's windy. I also fish inshore when we are on vacation and have found it very useful there as well.

Freedom Lures Prostaff~Lowrance Prostaff~Canyon Coolers Prostaff~Power-Pole Prostaff~Aftco Prostaff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:13 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I've used the Power-Pole Micro Anchor from Virginia to the Florida Keys and always with great results.

I had the Micro one my last PA and now on my 2015 Outback and plan to buy another for next Outback (14 y/o son gets my current one).

Fishing down here in South Florida, I couldn't see being without due to the hard bottoms and fast currents that I deal with on a regular basis. At times I've used it in conjunction with my YakAttack Park-n-Pole, so I can have my nose into the current & wind, otherwise I will position myself with the stern into them.

I plan on getting the soon to be released Micro Lithium battery, so I can use it on a L2Fish SUP, otherwise the Hobie battery holder and a 12v8ah battery are perfect for installs on the PA's and Outbacks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:26 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Curious as well, especially for anyone who primarily throws a fly rod