Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the info Carver, I will check it out. :) I have been out on my kayak twice so far. First time was on the lake in 30 mile an hour winds and freezing cold. I did not have an anchor trolley on it and kept drifting to shore or into the reeds before I could even put a new spinner on. Needless to say I spent the entire time just paddling around.

Second trip however was cold weather, but low wind and with a an anchor trolley. :) I was able to anchor and fish and ended up catching two big mouth bass and a small mouth. The small mouth I caught by it's belly somehow. He was not at all happy. lol. The bigger ones were biting on lipless rattletraps. Of course later, I had one take the bait and run it under a log. Lost my lure but had a great time. I'm hooked! I'm in love with the mirage drive and how quickly I can get across the lake. New lures in my bait box and ready to go again this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

jocat wrote:
Great Video of you and your wife angler. I got my husband a go pro for Christmas. What was that pole that you kept adjusting with the camera on it? He is looking for some great ways to mount his camera. I love my kayak!!!!!! He loves it too but prefers his.

jocat, the GoPro camera is attached to a regular monopod I purchased at WALMART for like $15 dollars, back in the day. All you need to get is the attachment for the bottom of the camera. Other GoPro accessories are very pricey...

* Glad to hear you enjoyed the video. I will try to get more footage of the sail in action and post it soon.

Enjoy the ride...!

* 2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

"FISHING THE INDIAN RIVER & MOSQUITO LAGOON"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just joined the club! I have been fishing for several years off of an Outback, but I just ordered a brand new 2016 Pro Angler 14. I'm really looking forward to picking it up Monday and getting back on the water.

The tackle box setup looks cool, but those two little boxes don't seem enough for all the gear I tend to drag along. Does anyone have any suggestions for adding more tackle storage?

~ Russ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Aside from the two pivoting boxes in the rectangular hatch, there a two larger Plano boxes under the seat that hold a reasonable amount of tackle. Inside dims are 7" x 12" x 2" high with dividers.
Hobie has a web strap to secure them under the seat, but I added a 36" tether to each of these larger boxes "just to be sure I don't lose them overboard" :wink:
I have an additional nylon mesh bag with a nylon string tether, that fits under rectangular hatch, inside the hull.

The front storage hatch of the PA-14 is very generous or you can add a crate behind your seat as some guys do.

Overall, I have reduced the amount of tackle I carry on my PA-14 after seeing/keeping track of what I actually use.