Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Seadek sale
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:16 am 
Site Rank - Captain

nap,

When I ordered a SeaDek for a "Dune" PA14, I was going to go with "Cool Gray" as the top color but, was advised that "Cool Gray" was quite light and might reflect a lot of sunlight. I went with the 6mm two color mat, with "Storm Gray" over "Midnight Black" in the "Pinline" routing design.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I did not see your message SRA about 2013 and 2014 as could fit to 2016 with some tweaking in the rear deck. I will call them now to purchase the 2014 or 2013. I think I'll buy the storm gray.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

nap wrote:
I did not see your message SRA about 2013 and 2014 as could fit to 2016 with some tweaking in the rear deck. I will call them now to purchase the 2014 or 2013. I think I'll buy the storm gray.

Thank you

Nap,

If you have any questions regarding installation or the product. Feel free to ask away! That goes for anyone else here in the forum. Happy to assist anyone with SeaDek. Will be in Pine Island Sound, FL from Saturday through the 26th kayak fishing for tarpon, snook, reds, trout and everything else that tugs. Will still watch my email and the forum. :D

Steve

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

nap wrote:
Again I called seadek just now and according to Paige there's no more 2015.

Tell Paige I said "hi"...lol!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:55 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks Grizz. I purchased the Storm Gray PA14 2014 but they only have the 5 mm. The only choice are Storm Gray and Camo Green.
Yes I wish it's the 6 mm with black edges but that's not on sale. Worst thing that could happen is I will return it and pay restocking if I don't like it...
I searched the internet for PA with this color and did not see one.

Thanks SRA, Yes I did mentioned to Paige you were the one who shared the ongoing Seadek sale.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

SRAces wrote:
firsttimer wrote:
Just ordered the full kit for 126$ for my 2016 pa 14. Exactly how much do i have to butcher the rear pad to make it fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firsttimer,

When you get the kit, lay the rear cargo piece on the rear dead (keep the backing on). There is a little allowance in that area as the padding does not go right to the very edge of the troughs on the rear deck. You might be able to just move the 2 middle areas slighly away from the skeg scupper hole and still look fine. Keep in mind these pre-cut kits are single color/pattern. No edge trim color. So all you really have to remove is that beveled edge just around that skeg scupper hole. You really don't have to remove anything, but if you want it to look like the piece was made to allow for that new middle scupper, remove/cut the edge by those scuppers so that it curves around the scupper the way you want it.

If you look at the pictures I posted in the Marinemat versus SeaDek posting, both rear mats are shown. So you can see what the difference is. When I took the 2015 rear mat picture, I didn't have the padding even on one of the troughs. It was easily re-aligned. Hope this helps.

Steve

Thank you Steve, I appreciate the response and I'm going to look up that thread now. I will post pics when kit is on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Firstimer, by this time I'm assuming you're done installing your 2014 seadek kit into your 2016 PA. Nice if you can share pictures. What do you think? Is it a good fit to 2016? Seadek made a mistake on my order. Kate from seadek took my order over the phone but never processed it. So I waited for days for nothing. But they still have the storm gray in case I decide to continue with my order.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

nap wrote:
Firstimer, by this time I'm assuming you're done installing your 2014 seadek kit into your 2016 PA. Nice if you can share pictures. What do you think? Is it a good fit to 2016? Seadek made a mistake on my order. Kate from seadek took my order over the phone but never processed it. So I waited for days for nothing. But they still have the storm gray in case I decide to continue with my order.

Can't recommend enough. Turned out fantastic and the install was a breeze. Seems on initial impression to be really well made and reliable. The adhesive seems to mate well with the hull

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

firsttimer,

That looks very nice! :mrgreen:

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:19 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks FT for sharing. I thought it will be the same pattern as SRA has. I like the full pad with no break in between.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Had it out last weekend and it was pretty comfy. Much more cushion than the stock pads

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just ordered a kit today for my PA14! Can't wait to get it in and installed. Thanks for the heads up on the sale with this thread!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:22 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an olive green 2009 PA 14 and ordered the rear deck pad in army camo yesterday. Now I am wondering if I can use any of the pieces from the 2013-2014 kit on my boat. Has anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

JohnnyG wrote:
I have an olive green 2009 PA 14 and ordered the rear deck pad in army camo yesterday. Now I am wondering if I can use any of the pieces from the 2013-2014 kit on my boat. Has anyone tried this?

A 2009-2012 PA14 does not line up the same. I have yet to see SeaDek offer a kit online for the 2009-2012 models with the raised floor hatch and the Green plastic seat. I did give them the templating and the information required to make a custom kit for each of those years. Call Kira to see what it might cost you for a kit off my templates. There have been several folks with older PAs order kits that way. Good luck!

Kira Melheim
Marketing Supervisor
SeaDek Marine Products
5440 Schenck Ave.
Rockledge, FL 32955
321-632-4466 Phone
321-806-4390 Direct
http://www.seadek.com

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

SRAces wrote:
JohnnyG wrote:

A 2009-2012 PA14 does not line up the same. I have yet to see SeaDek offer a kit online for the 2009-2012 models with the raised floor hatch and the Green plastic seat. I did give them the templating and the information required to make a custom kit for each of those years. Call Kira to see what it might cost you for a kit off my templates. There have been several folks with older PAs order kits that way. Good luck!

Kira Melheim
Marketing Supervisor
SeaDek Marine Products
5440 Schenck Ave.
Rockledge, FL 32955
321-632-4466 Phone
321-806-4390 Direct
http://www.seadek.com

Thanks!! I spoke with them about making a set for me and, although it will look awesome, it is more than I want to spend right now. With the current sale, I could justify the purchase if most of the pieces from a later model's kit would work. No worries if not.