Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: supernova lights
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

does anybody have the supernova led lights installed on there pa's I was going to order the hobie kit but switch out the bow lights for red and green for marker lights and the rear light as white and my cabin lights probably green an input on what cabin colors to use and how you mounted the switches did you use the ones provided or did you but a marine switch panel I might go that route to keep things organized so I can have the running lights on one switch the cabin lights on one switch and the fish finder on another any pics or helpful info would be great

Post subject: Re: supernova lights
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:21 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have them on my Outback, I've used them on my last 2 kayaks as well. I've always bought the Deluxe kits, theres everything you need to install except battery. I mounted the switch in the rear hatch only to keep from drilling another hole in the hull, plus, my battery is installed there using one of the Hobie battery holders. I didn't get fancy at all with this kayak like I did with the first install. I'm using the green, I always heard you didn't want red and green marker lights, which might possible make someone think you are a power boat. Just something I've heard you might want to research that some more to be sure. Anyway, I didn't even mount interior lights on my Outback, because I've discovered by experience that I need a headlamp anyway, so that's all I use now. I used blue interior lights on my last kayak. We use our lights because we fish all night a lot in the summer and we want to be seen and not get run over mainly, they also do a fairly good job of illuminating the bank when fishing shallow. We also use Yakattack 360 lights, as I believe that's is the only light necessary by law. Don't think I answered all of your questions, just sharing my experience because we have used lights for years now. I believe SuperNova sells a good product, so I vouch for that.