Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:36 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Longish story short, went to check out 2 Pro Angler 14s last night. Asking price $2500/ea. I balked when I determined one was a 2010 model and the other a 2011. From my research these went for about 2500 new.

Both appear to be in great shape, currently and I'm guessing previously mostly stored indoors. There weren't any scratches/scuffs/dings, even on the bottom. The rudder dropped and raised on each, the mirage drives appeared in good working order, no excess play that I could find. I suspect the seller didn't actually use these and came into them either through a storage unit purchase or they may have been left behind in an apartment building his parents own. They're being sold basically as just the boat, seller wants to sell everything individually - paddles are separate, cart is separate, stand up railing is separate, etc...

Any thoughts or opinions on what would be a fair price for one or both of these? If I was to get a good deal on one or both, would a newer pedal drive be compatible with it? Anything I should be aware of, make sure to check on these older units?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Suggest searching older PA posts regarding issues with these older models so you are better informed.
These also have the older style seat and rudder control.

I waited to buy my PA-14 until 2013 since it had the new seat and it was worth the wait!
I also installed the rudder BOA found on the 2014's, so my 2013 is the same as the 2014 model.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:55 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks. I did some searching and have since decided to just buy myself a new one. I did find another older one (not sure on year yet, but has older seat) for $950. Might make a good second "guest kayak". But overall for myself, I've decided to by a new one.