Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:40 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

For all those who may not be aware, Vimeo is another video library ( like YouTube ) where you can store and showcase your Hobie Island videos. I've just created a new 'Group' within Vimeo called 'Hobie Islanders' where hopefully we can all store all our Hobie videos under the 1 title for showcasing with quick and easy searching. I think you will find that vimeo is a much better library platform than it's competitor giving better quality videos, training, challenges, tips, equipment reviews, free music attachments etc. And best feature of all, no annoying ads.

I've attached my Hobie videos to this Group and it would be good to see some of the excellent videos that we have seen on the forum, located into this Group.

https://vimeo.com/groups/193689

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Slaughter wrote:
.......it would be good to see some of the excellent videos that we have seen on the forum, located into this Group. https://vimeo.com/groups/193689

I'm in Slaughter - just got to upload my videos now. They are on youtube. Don't suppose there is an easy way to get them from youtube to Vimeo? I looked through all the FAQs but couldn't find anything on it. Luckily I don't have many so will start uploading them this week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Glad you're on board Aussie. Johnny has added a heap. The group is growing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'll join once I figure out my new gopro. I'm still trying to figure out whether my attempt at the firmware update worked or not.
T2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

tsquared wrote:
I'll join once I figure out my new gopro. I'm still trying to figure out whether my attempt at the firmware update worked or not.
T2

Tsquared - I just removed the firmware update from my GoPro (HD2) because it was causing the camera to freeze in record position and no amount of pressing buttons would turn it off. You have to remove camera from the case then remove the battery to stop it. It has been widely complained about in the gopro forums for some time now and it affects the new HD 3 too. seems Gopro have not been able to fix it. Some short trips were fine but most times it would misbehave and freeze up. Removing the firmware update fixed that issue. By removing the update I removed some of the features like remote control and some POV adjustments.

Heres something about the firmware upgrade issue and a link to the fix (firmware downgrade) if you need it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOlypDzjkuk
Quite a few people returned their gopro but many, like me, who bought the HD2 were out of warranty period when the firmware update was done.

I hope you have one of the good ones and don't experience the issue. It Does take very good quality video.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:06 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I already had a free membership of Vimeo and under that you can only upload 500mb per week and since most of my HD movies were around 350mb that meant 1 per week - AND only one HD movie so I bit the bullet and paid the $60 for an annual membership. Now I can load them all (all 4 of them lol) and make them all HD. I think it will be worth the membership and gives me a secondary storage of movies I spent time to make.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

aussieonyak wrote:
I already had a free membership of Vimeo and under that you can only upload 500mb per week and since most of my HD movies were around 350mb that meant 1 per week - AND only one HD movie so I bit the bullet and paid the $60 for an annual membership. Now I can load them all (all 4 of them lol) and make them all HD. I think it will be worth the membership and gives me a secondary storage of movies I spent time to make.

500mb per week is ample for me. See our Group now has 18 videos. I might get all my old YouTube vids uploaded to Vimeo one day. As you say Aussie, it's good secondary storage that costs nothing.