Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Way too crowded!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:58 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well, after going through all the fun stuff associated with moving, we finally were able to do a little sailing this weekend. It had been over a month so we were really looking forward to some time on the water. Unfortunately, it seems everyone else had the same idea!

We had great conditions; good stiff breeze, warm , but not too warm, some sun and clouds, etc. Got the boat in the water and started off.

Seems every powerboater and jet ski owner in the area decided to take advantage of the day. PLUS there was a big regatta going on. Lake Lansing isn't the biggest lake around (only 485 acres), so it was real difficult try to keep out of everyone's way. When sailing with the family, I like to be able to keep the tacking to a minimum, plot a course and just go. No such luck!

So after about an hour of tacking, tacking, and more tacking, we decided to call it a day and head back in. We packed up the boat and went to a local hangout for some food and cold Coronas.

However, a not-so-great day sailing is better than a great day doing anything else!!

Fair Winds,
Nick
1978 H16 "Burt the Cat"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Don't Sailboats have the right of way over power boats? Never seems the case were I am either.

Scott.

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:05 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I was sailing at Lake Arrowhead this last weekend, I had sailed over to the yacht club to talk to a friend I was sitting in irons and a power boat came in and tried to pull into a slip less then a boat length away. You guessed it a puff came up and away I went into the aft side of the power boat. The "lady" driver was very upset and started hurling insults as her husband ran down the dock to also yell insults.

Her defense for pulling a power boat in front of a sailboat was that she said she honked and yelled. LOL she could have stood up and danced naked for all that matters the fact is she pulled a power boat in front of a sailboat. What a kook! :roll: