Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:37 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello everyone. My name is Aaron and this is my 2nd season on an H16. I have sailed Long Beach, Mission Bay, and Chula Vista. Basically,I have been learning everything by reading and watching. I have gotten to the point where I really need to spend some time with some experienced sailors, to get past some basic ideas. For example, I took a friend out to Long Beach yesterday and had a great day on the water. The wind picked up to 20+ (blowing sand and foamy whitecaps)and i took the safe route and packed it in. I need to learn to skipper from the trap. Plus, I really like the social side of sailing and am getting a little tired of being the only boat on the beach. Is there a place here, where people post basic sail plans? Maybe "hey, I'll be at _______ saturday @ 10:00"? I've read a bit of the board and done a few searches. Just trying to get hooked into some others in the scene.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:39 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Aaron,
There are usually some recreational cat sailors who show up on weekends at Claremont ramp in Long Beach. Also, don't know if you're interested in racing, but there's a multihull regatta taking place at Alamitos Bay Yacht Club on July 23-24 - there should be a fair number of H16's there.

If you're still looking for someone to go sailing with you sometime, you can contact me directly at rogerbrn"at"sbcglobal"dot"net.

Good luck,
Roger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Roger,
Thanks for the reply, good to meet you. I don't think racing is going to happen for me, I'm about 265lbs. Although, I would happily crew for anybody looking for some extra weight :D .I will definitely try to come down and at least watch/ beach race. I will also have to start sailing Claremont on weekends, maybe I will run into more multis.
We will be down in Mission Bay From Thursday-Monday, this week. I am really looking forward to 4 days of solid sailing, without de-rigging and hauling the boat home every night. Hopefuuly, I can work on skppering from the wire.