Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello all,

I recently joined the Hobie world by purchasing a '83 H14. I've been sailing rentals at our community sailing center here in Burlington, VT for the last couple years. But this is the first boat I actually own and my first catamaran. Nothing like diving in head first, right?

Unfortunately, there's no fleet in Vermont. So, I'm looking other Hobie Cat sailors in Vermont and in particular around Burlington, who'd want to go out sailing as a group and wouldn't mind imparting the occasional word of wisdom or two. Know anyone?

thanks,
-Chris

Post subject: Vermonter right here
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:04 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey Chris.
I think my info says Boston, but I moved back to VT this past winter, and now live in St. Albans and work in Burlington.
I had my H14 out last weekend (great wind on Sunday)

I'm not the best sailor in the world, and my rig certainly isn't the best hobie out there, but it would be cool to meet up and take the boats out sometime.
My hobie is on a trailer, so I can pretty much go anywhere.

I was told there is a fleet in Malletts Bay, and I think I've seen a few out towards South Hero (I could be imagining that).

Anyway, if you are around, leave me a message here, and hopefully we can find a few other folks.

'7? Hobie 14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:17 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you go to Norht Beach this weekend you will see an H18 on the beach. My friends and I go every year for the Chew Chew. I couldn't make it this year, but the other boat will be up there. Stop by and ask a few questions if you see him. He will be glad to give you a few pointers. If you do run into him tell him Hobie Nick sent you.

Current Boat
In the market
Previous boats owned
'74 Pearson 30
'84 H16
'82 H18 Magnum
St. Louis, MO

Post subject: Hey Adam!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey Adam,

Sorry, it's taken me so long to respond, but shortly after that email I took off on vacation. It's great to hear that there is another Vermonter on these boards. My email address should show up if you hit the 'email' option at the bottom of this message. I would have emailed you privately, but I think you have that option shut off. Anyhow, I'd definitely be up for a little sailing with another Vermonter...

-Chris