Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My Hobie Dealer, Miles Moore, in Hayden Idaho has a wonderful program to teach sailing to the disabled and needs tax deductable donations to replace a mast and mainsail for the lakecat use for instruction (see website) http://funtosail.blogspot.com/

The Lake Cat is a 33’ high performance catamaran (model R33) that Miles primarily uses for his disAbled efforts. At 33’ long and 16’ wide it is the perfect sailing platform for those with disAbilities particularly with spinal cord injuries that can not handle sailboats that heal too much like a monohull. And to be honest most people like to go fast at 20 knots versus 5 knots on a monohull so that is an added plus.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

To help us send your donation to SAIL, PO Box 1145, Hayden, ID. 83835. Send a money order, check, or you can use a credit card. If you have questions please email me ([email protected]) or call 208-704-4454.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:18 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Good on them! Do they have a paypal addy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You will have to contact Miles and see about other payment methods than those he listed. I cut a check and sent it snail mail. Old school, but reliable. :wink:

I live ~ 100 from Hayden and have never been on the boat, but in the several years I have known Miles, I have found his passion for getting the disabled on the water to be heartfelt and inspirational.