Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:04 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I checked on the Hobies yesterday both are covered ready for the winter The trailers are jacked way up to drain water and the trailer tires are on concrete blocks I really need to get the Hobie Hell Box ready for next year or at least off the dining room table
Thank you Hobie Alter for a great idea and a great fun product
Only Three more months till they are back on the water. Already have the week at Edisto Beach SC planned. I think that Edisto is still one of the best Hobie places in the Carolinas
Last summer I really enjoyed the new Hobie Captain in the family (my son Wyatt) hitting the surf in his HC16 which we rebuilt last year.
Happy Holidays to all
Former Hobie Admiral Gary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:11 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm doing the same thing over here in Goose Creek! Just installed some cradles on the trailer and waxed the boat to protect it somewhat while I build a cover. If you hit up edisto a lot you should really check out sailing from FT. Moultrie. Its a pretty small secluded beach that has almost no waves but access to either the harbor on windy days or the open ocean/beaches when you need the sea breeze to get going.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mine are uncovered and on the water at least twice per week. Had to knock some ice off the rudder grudgeon the other morning in order to get it to move freely, but that's about the only trouble I've had. I intend to sail all winter, unless the local lakes freeze completely over, which they only rarely do.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Guess I am lucky to have winter water temps of 60 degrees :!: The only thing that keeps us off the water down here is wind and rain.