Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:58 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I inherited a 30 yr old Hobie 14 about a year ago. It had been badly damaged in a typhoon which blew it off its trailer which then punched holes through the hulls in 3 places. There was also a whole bunch of deep gouges not to mention the delamination on the decks which was extensive. Well when I was offered it I jumped at the chance not really knowing whether it was salvageable and not wanting to sink a whole bunch of money (which I don't have) into it.

This is where you all come in - through the excellent resources found on the forum I was able to get her back into life and do it for less than $250. If I lived somewhere with more Hobies around I would probably have bought new hulls tbh but here in Okinawa, Japan they are as rare as hen's teeth so that really wasn't an option. How long she will last I have no idea but for now and for a few years at least I hope I will enjoy the hell out of her and I just wanted to say a big thank you to all those who have contributed little tidbits of knowledge to me that have helped me get it done. Cheers to you all!

Hobie 16 1985 European Championships Palma 114072