Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:06 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Where to store our sails and daggers....?
We sail out of a 'mixed' club, tons of keelboats, a number of power boats, dinghy's, 505's, 420's, Fireballs, Tornado's, I14's, and Hobies. We 'park' in rows on the 'hard', and leave masts up during the summer. The 'hard' is within a secure area, fenced etc as part of the Club property.

I have built a set of fixed cradles for the stern of my SX18, and leave the cat trax (with cradles) under the front cross bar.

Where to leave the sails and daggers...? The dinghy sailors put them in their boats which are then covered with canvas covers. Most of my fellow cat sailors take their sails/daggers home after sailing...some have built storage boxes. Oh, and life jackets and perhaps a pair of pliers and possibly a wet suit..

We're looking at working cooperatively to build small sheds, one at the end of each row....we have to move the sheds at the end of each season so that the keelboats have somewhere to park during winter. City Bylaws will not allow us to build a permanent structure.

Any suggestions as to design and design criteria?