Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Informal Race
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:39 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

NExt Sunday the local sailing club are doing some racing and they invited us catsailors to come race with them. This will be free and purely for glory. But we would really like to make a good showing with a good number of cats.

If there is anyone in the Oklahoma area and wants to drive down to Norman Sunday morning and race with us around 12:30 -1 it would be really cool. Any boat is welcome and any level of experience, everyone on cats around here is good natured and willing to help. Also if you have never raced and just want to come cruise after wards we can probably find someone who has raced that will let you crew for them.

For more info get back to me on here or call 405-213-5850.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:46 am 
Site Rank - Captain

What lake are you at in Oklahoma? I live in Mt. Vernon, Missouri and sail at Stockton Lake.
1980 h16
Thanks, John G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:11 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hey gree2056, A little OT, but I was just up in your area a few weeks ago looking at a Prindle 18 for sale. I drove to Norman with the intention of making a purchase but did not quite like what I saw. At any rate, I did not buy it and a bit afterwards was regretting it. I called the guy back and he starting backing off the price he initially gave me. To make a long story short, I am glad I did not buy it and instead found a great H 16. The Prindle needed too many other items.......sails, tramp, rigging etc.

I would love to come up to Norman but afraid its a little farther than I want to drive again right now.......5 hours. Maybe I can make it sometime. Keep us posted on get togethers in the area. I am new to sailing cats and need all the help I can get. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:12 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I am on Lake Thunderbird, there are a fair number of sailors on Lake Hefner but Thunderbird lacks the numbers but we are growing quickly.

Both days this weekend we were out here at the racing, nothing formal just five of us racing around the permanent bouys in the lake. It was a blast and over the entire weekend we got 12 races in!!!

Next Sunday we want to make a great showing and have as many cats out as possible. Please if anyone is in the area come out and support our newly developing club.