Almost midnight - gotta get some sleep but here's what I accomplished tonight:
Placement is obvious but I discovered something - if I place the first mount as far back as I can I could place a 2nd right in front of it. The 2nd ball would only have 3 screws mounting it down so some care would need to be taken (probably just back it up underneath with a plate) but it could be done if one were so inclined.
Stainless hardware above and below.
I'm done with spending big money on sonar - I've dropped way too much cash only to have saltwater eat it alive. So now it's $80 units for life, I only need to know the depth anyway so all other features are unnecessary.
I cut the bottom out of a small tupperware container and then glued it down with marine Goop. the transducer drops in nicely and the lid will be notched for the cabling. It keep the transducer upright and keeps the tub full of water when I'm under way. This is the cleanest method I've found for inside the hull mounts - cleaneast meaning best image.
This is the first kayak I've had with smooth sides (non-textured) so I can finally have one of my stickers on it.
I swapped out the seat for my S2S racecar version and the paddle will be swapped out for my Bending Branches paddle. I dropped my liquidfishing.com thresher tank in the back for bait/livewell purposes and found that if I sling it sideways I can use the pump unit I have that feeds through a scupper hole - this is more streamlined and I like it better. I'll get some pictures of that when I clean up the wiring.
Maiden voyage looks to be a tournament this Saturday - I don't think I can get out before then which is a shame, no test run for the sonar. Hope it works.
I can't wait to tear off the starting beach with all the Tarpons and see who gets to the fishing grounds first.