Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First fish on my PA
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Finally got the first fish on my PA today, after having been skunked the first two trips. What's that they say about the third time? The first fish was a bit puny, but I soon followed it up with a keeper. One more baby followed later.
I just love the PA. It is such a great fishing platform. I can zip around to all of my favorite spots in the bay. Good for trolling. Amazing for power drifting. I find it tracks very well when moving at higher speeds. Today I made no more than a few steering adjustments over a half a mile. The PA is all I had hoped it would be and more!

Post subject: Re: First fish on my PA
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:46 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congratulations Damfisher, way to go! I'm sooooo envious, I have yet to hit the water! I'm one step closer after receiving my PA cradles this afternoon. I have no way of getting mine to the water without them so that will be my weekend project.
I hope you can get back at em' soon!

Cheers,

GR8 Laker

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:00 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

GR8,
You have amazing patience! I could'nt as long as you have to get my PA wet. You're going to have a great time on your expedition. Good luck mounting your cradles this weekend. Let us see some pics when it's done!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Damfisher,
It has more to do with doctors orders than patience, although, I have had to be patient in following those orders. I've had a couple of surgeries since February (nothing serious) that require a bit of downtime while I heal up. I'm right at that point of no pain but still healing, the toughest and most frustrating part.
I've been able to tinker and add accessories so it will definitely be worth the wait. Luckily, I was given the use of a loaner late last Summer through Fall so I know what to expect. Hard to say whether that's a good thing or a bad thing!
I'll be on the water soon, regardless and yes, I'll definitely post some photos of my cradle set up. Thanks to you and Cracka, as well as other forum input, I have a good idea of how to make it work. How's yours working out? Great I hope!
You'll have to hold down the fort until I'm given the go ahead, so go get em' and good luck to you!
Be safe out there,
GR8 Laker

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:44 am 
Site Rank - Captain

GR8,
Sorry to hear about your situation. I think I understand better now. If I were in your place, rigging and prepping my PA would probably motivate me to get well better than just about anything. When you get out there it's going to be sweet!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Congrats, you're going to really fall in love with that PA. Best of luck to you,good news is the fish will soon start to become much larger. great pics!!!!