Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:29 pm 
Hobie Team Member

My travels over the last few days have taken me from one end of Lee County to the other. We'll start with 5/15, my buddy Doug and I went out and fished some docks near the mouth of the Caloosahatchee River. We were mainly throwing DOA CAL shad tail grubs and DOA Shrimp, we caught several snook in the low to mid 20's, a couple small jack and I got a real nice tilapia.
On 5/16 and 5/17 I fished with Morgan Promnitz of Hobie Kayaks, Morgan came down to the Sarasota IFA Kayak Fishing Tournament. We fished Matlacha on 5/16 with both of us catching several nice reds and trout, none of the fish were good enought for 1st place but I took 5th and I believe Morgan ended up in 10th. The lures of choice today were Sebile Ghostwalkers and the DOA CAL Paddle Tail Grubs. On 5/17 we went out of Pineland in search of tarpon and shark. We found the tarpon, they were free jumping all around us but we couldn't get one to eat. Morgan caught a nice 4' blacktip and I lost a very large shark. We also got into some nice bluefish on the paddle tail grubs. We were live baiting the tarpon and shark up today with ladyfish and big pinfish.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice pictures, looks fun