The new aka lock collars that I received were about 1/16th of an inch too thick. When properly mounted on the aka with the flat face against the hinge casting as described, the screw holes are offset too far for the screws to be properly inserted. I know it's hard to see from the photo below, but the screw holes are obscured by about a third of their width.
However, all is not lost. Just use some 60 grit sandpaper to chew down the flat side of the aka lock collar about 1/16th of an inch and everything mounts perfectly. The aka slides back into place without issue and locks firmly into position. All in all, it took me about 30 minutes per collar to install them.
Here's a shot of the old collar on the right and the new collar on the left. The old one is shiny and the ramps for the lock are pretty shallow. The new collar is more of a matte finish, feels a little heavier and beefier in the hand, and the ramps for the lock are twice the thickness of the old design.
While looking carefully at the old aka lock collars, I noticed daylight where I wasn't expecting to see any. Surprise, surprise - the old collars appear to have holes created by the installation of the screw heads. I don't know if that's a problem or not, so I thought I'd report it, as the unexpected holes were evident on all the old lock collars I removed from my TI.