Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:04 am 
Site Admin

www.hobieworlds.com

http://www.hobiecangas2006.com/

Cangas 2006 & the World Championship catamarans goes together in a new opened website

The sports department of the city of Cangas, is promoting the Hobie Tiger and Hobie Dragoon World Championships 2006. For this they opened a website to combine the promotion and information platform of the nautical event near the villa del Morrazzo.

With less than nine month to go, the organisation cooperates with many different parties in order to realize one of the most memorable nautical events of the Gallician Coast.

These two types of sailing catamarans will bring lots of movement to the region, among them the participants, race committee, an international jury team, press, nautical friends and families.

The web site of the world championships, which you can reach by clicking on hobiecangas2006.com, is providing all detailed information of the event and using the live video, photo material and during the event results will be posted immediately. So all over the world championships can be followed.

Sports manager of the city of Cangas, José Œuí³ Gestido, believes that with the web site they will bring the information to the people at home where ever they are in the world. With this web site it will make the Hobie Tiger and Hobie Dragoon World Championships & Cangas known all over the world.

Saludos, Have a Hobie Day,
PR Hobie Tiger & Dragoon Worlds. Cangas 2006

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Last edited by mmiller on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Matt,

Do you know if there will be charter boats available or a container shipping arrangement (like the 2005 Tiger Worlds).

Chris.

Post subject: Charters? or Containers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Hobie Cat France may provide a few charters. We would think 10 or so. We have not heard about any container sponsorship.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Free container transport for the boats has been offered by the organisors of the Hobie Tiger World Championships in Cangas. Containers will leave from Sydney, Cape Town, Los Angeles and the East Coast of the United States

Wednesday, December 14th 2005.- The Sports Department of Cangas del Morrazo, partner in organizing the Hobie Tiger and Hobie Dragoon Worlds in 2006, are proud to announce that four 40 foot containers, each 13 metres long, are available for the transport of the catamarans from four sailing mekka's of the world to Cangas.

The containers look like those that are used for the Volvo Extreme catamarans who sailed during the In-Port races at the Volvo Ocean Race.

If you want to join one of the containers in Sydney, Cape Town, Los Angeles, East coast of the USA, you will have to contact the event organisors by e-mail: [email protected]. Full = Full !

This Hobie worlds will bring a bigger number of catamarans as ever seen on the waters of Cangas, the river of Vigo. Logistics such as container parking, boat assembling, trailer parking will all be organised next to the beach where the regattas will start from. Also the Hobie village for will be located central in the scene.

This is all a great oppurtunity for the host, city of Cangas del Morrazo have the support of the Galician Sports Department, the Consellería de Cultura e Deporte de la Xunta de Galicia, la Excma. Diputación Provincial de Pontevedra and the municipality of Cangas.

Major news also for Hobie Dragoon sailors. There will be factory boats on the beach of Cangas for you to race! Juniors and adults from all over the world are invited to fly in and race! The Hobie Dragoon is the race cat for juniors < 16 years and also open for all other sailors in the open class. So challenge your son or daughter to race with you. No hassle, just racing and take care of material.

All news about this Hobie worlds you will find on :

www.hobieworlds.com/tiger2006/framecont.htm

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject: Shipping to Worlds
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Matt,
i have had no luck with the Cangas website it is all under construction .I am very interested in getting my boat to Cangas.
Let me know who i need to talk to.
thank you,
john tomko 210-683-1016
[email protected]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:11 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Try emailing your questions to [email protected]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:41 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I posted a question to the organizer to find out if there is any interest in the US boats being shipped to France after the Spain event for the F18 Worlds in Heyres. They were going to ask some more questions.

I am in though.

Later,
Dan

Post subject: France is before
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:59 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi Dan, France is one week before the Spain event, with 5 days in-between. Greg and I are going to both and have already rented a house right on the beach down the road from the site..... if you know anyone that will be going to France, we have room. (two extra bedeooms) that we'd be looking to split - cost will be 400 euros for the week per room. Its a nice place, I've stayed in it before on my last trip to Hobie Cat France, I have pictures if you'd like to see some of the interior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jacques:

We are interested. We thought we were going to get a time share there but it seems that they cannot guarantee it.

Dan

Post subject: Tiger Spinnaker @ Worlds
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hobie guys,
Since there is two diffrent cut spinnakers from Hobie which one will be legal in Cangas?
Thank you,
Tomko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:47 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

John,

Both Spins are now class legal for Hobie.

We're still using the older style.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Anyone got a response out of the organizers on where the container will leave from?