Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:26 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

division seven has now added three more 17s Roger Taha, Dick Graves, and Alex Bommer! We also have Volkman(grandpa) If we can get him out of retirement. And there is a rumor floating around that Slim is looking for a 17!
I say Good Luck to all other Divisions. We are coming in force!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Good to hear that there are more 17s back home, Andy.

Bring it!

H17 #747
Fort Collins, CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:29 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Additional Information:

Planning for the 2010 Hobie 17/18 North American Championship Regatta/North Central Area Championship Regatta is moving forward and it is shaping up to be an outstanding event.

PLEASE LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING AND HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU ARE BRINGING WITH YOU.

Pre registration is vital, pre payment is not. http://www.eventbee.com/event?eid=768545312

Adjusting T-Shirt, Trophy and Food orders at the last minute is exceedingly difficult.
IF we have good firm numbers on how many people will be attending, we will have enough of all of those items and no one need go home upset.

If you come without pre registering, we may not have enough “stuff” and someone will get shortchanged. In order for this event to come off well, we must have good timely input from YOU.

We will be providing dinner meals each and every evening of the event.
Friday will be pulled pork sandwiches with all the fixins.
Saturday will be Sloppy Joes and sides.
Sunday will be a choice of Hamburger and Brats along with traditional sides.
Monday will be Dinner provided by the Division 7 folks. (Menu TBD)
Tuesday Evening will be the Awards banquet at the Haythorn Ranch Event Center
http://www.haythorn.com/giftshop.html

Lake McConaughy is full to levels not seen in over 10 years and while the wide expanses of white sand beaches are not quite as impressive as in years past, in my opinion, that will only enhance the quality of the event.

We will be camping in the shelter of the trees without the long walk down to the water’s edge.

Our July Tropical Dreams Regatta just ended on Sunday. Wind on the water was great, and the beach ambiance was outstanding. Dinner and evening campfires were enjoyable on a whole new level.

For those wanting to stay at the regatta site, there is unlimited primitive camping available @ $7 per night. For those wanting something more than tent camping, limited rental campers are available. They are clean, but somewhat “dated” in appearance. Please contact Billie @ the Kite Ranch to explore options, pricing and availability. http://thekiteranch.com/

If you are bringing a camper or a motor home and you want a site with hookups, there is the Lone Eagle campground. This site will tell you a little more and there is a link to make a reservation
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/parks/gui ... ground.asp

I personally went and checked the Hotels in Ogallala, and would list them in the order of my preference based on the ambiance and presentation of the lobby areas.

On the north side of Interstate 80, and to the east of Nebraska Exit 126

The Holiday Inn Express was very nice. @ $119 per night. 308-284-2266
They have a limited hot breakfast in addition to the customary continental breakfast

The Best Western was the next place that seemed to me to be a place I might like to stay.
308-284-3656 Rates from $76 per night. Include continental breakfast as well as hot pancakes.

Days Inn,308-284-6365, just a continental breakfast and a room rate of $79 per night.

On the northwest side of the interchange is the Platte River Inn. 308-284-3623 the Highway sign still reads Gray Goose Lodge. They are currently remodeling but should have rooms available.

The last place I visited was the Comfort Inn 308-284-4028 located on the southwest side of the interchange. Very typical of all Comfort Inn’s with a continental breakfast, room rates of $85 per night

All of these places have AAA, AARP and other discounts available but you have to ask for them.

There are some small locally owned motels further in town along US Hiway 30, but I did not have time to visit those places to get a “feel” as to how nice or how rustic they may be.

It is a very short drive thru town and then easy drive out to the regatta site. Only about 20 to 25 minutes from the Interstate to the regatta site. Keep in mind that it is a holiday weekend, and law enforcement types will be out in force. DO NOT SPEED. Leave a few minutes early the first day until you get a feel for how long it actually takes to get from town to the lake.

Rangers will be checking for parks passes and camping permits. Parks Passes are available at the Park HQTRS bldg on the way out to the lake as well as Kingsley Lodge just before you start across the Dam, and at the Stetsons Corner Store at the intersection of Hiway 61 and 92W where you turn west to head to the regatta site. Envelopes for camping permits will be available 24/7@ the entry kiosk on Public Road # 2

The sailors of Division 5 and Fleet 61 are very excited to share the Lake McConaughy experience with our friends and sailors from all across the North American Continent.

We are looking forward to seeing many of you in September.

Warm Regards,
Stephen Cooley
Event Chairman.
Additional Information
Call 303-619-0572

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ok everyone, MAC NAC / NCAC Mac Attack Labor Day Regatta kicks off in just over a month.

The lake topped out on the 14th of July, and has started to drop. McConaughy will be at her absolute best by Labor Day.
Full to the point that there is just the right amount of beach, and fresh sand cleaned by the recent high waters.

This will be the “don’t miss event of the year” with sailors joining us from all over the USA and Canada.

There is an overwhelming amount of logistical detail that goes into planning a North American Championship Event, especially when we are planning on feeding everyone each evening.

Registration forms are up on the fleet website.

We cannot stress strongly enough how important it is that you let Fleet management know what your plans may be for that weekend.

Many hands make for light work, but if we don’t know how many people will be attending, we don’t know how much work will need to be done.

Please, communicate with me/the board as to your plans.

Use the forms on the fleet website, http://www.hobiefleet61.org/news/2009-welcome-message
E-Mail them, Fax them, bring them to my home, or if nothing else, just pick up the phone and call me.
So I can fill out the form and put it in the notebook, and add your name to the list.

At this point, the most important thing is that we get your names added to the “attending list” so that we will have an adequate number of meals, shirts, and trophy’s.

If we cannot get a handle on just how many people are going to be there, it could diminish the quality of the event for everyone.

PLEASE DO NOT put this off.
PLEASE DO IT NOW while it is fresh in your mind.
PLEASE PRE REGISTER ASAP we don't need you to send money, (altho that would be nice) Just let us know that you are going to be there ! ! !
Please E-Mail or call if you have any questions.
Help the board as we plan the first Hobie North American Championship / Area Championship event ever to be held at Lake McConaughy.

Stephen C
303-619-0572

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:23 am 
Site Rank - Captain

http://hcspace.eventbee.com/events

1982 H18
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

check it out:

http://www.hobiefleet61.org/files/NAC_N ... edirects=0

22 Hobie 17s signed up so far.

Nice fleet.

H17 #747
Fort Collins, CO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:59 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

only eleven Hobie 18's...?!

Come on people! Not too late to pull the trigger

spend your Labor Day in the Carribean (o' the plains)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Heck, I don't even have a Hobie anymore and will be spending my Labor Day weekend at McConaughy!

It'll be good to see all my Hobie friends again!

If I were you guys I'd look into a different PRO though, Matt brought nothing but fog and glass with him to racine. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

And does anyone remember the wind he ordered for Havasu ? :::Shudder::::

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

26 17s. Let's get 4 more.

H17 #747
Fort Collins, CO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey does anyone else out there have a waterproof camera? I want to make an awesome Hobie Nationals Promo video. I've got a GoPro waterproof camera that I'm going to mount on my 18's Diamond stays (it's 1080 and should be amazing, with170* view angle). But I think it would be awesome if some other people had cameras like this and mounted them on their boats to get some more views from other boats. If you have one, and want to add some video, let me know! also. if you think that this sounds cool, the gopro camera is 100$ at Cosco (was 2 months ago at least, dunno if it's still there)

just throwing this out there
Sebastian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:07 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

The event Facebook page is up: MAC-NAC Facebook