Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:26 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well I took the Plunge, I went and bought a blue outback from a very nice man who just underwent a kidney transplant operation. I was wandering if this particular hull # CCMA8890F505 was born around the time of the drive area cracks? According to what I've read, this boat was born June of 2005. I'm hoping that was well after all the drive area cracking was occuring. I got a great deal on this thing. It came withe the sail kit, sportsman package and a brand new Raymarine DS400X fishfinder (About $299.00 If I were to buy it :lol: ) and it all cost me $1,300.00 . The guy only used the thing about three times, needless to say I was a happy Camper!! Now next weekend I'll go to fastlane and Pick up my new adventure. So back to the question. Do I Have any crack worries on this hull? Is she seaworthy?
Thanks again for all the input and support,
Baldyaker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

You done good! I wouldn't worry too much about the dreaded crack problem. i believe that was pretty much confined to the sand colored Outbacks (Like mine... :shock: ) of earlier vintage. Anyhow, if you were to experience any problems Hobie would undoubtedly take care of you. If not you could repair it with the hot glue or plastic welding method discussed here earlier.
Put your cares aside and just enjoy your new toy! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Noalias, Thanks for the info, I'M really looking forward to spending some quality time with my son, kayaking, fishing and sailing. 8) We'll Prabably drop it into the water this weekend. Have a good one!
Baldyaker