Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new sails
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:54 am 
Site Rank - Captain

OK I know I should go right to Hobie direct to get some new sails for my 18, and I may in fact do this, however I would like some options. For one thing I would like to have some graphics made up and placed on these new sails and I have no idea on how to go about this. Also since my boat is a 1980 model will my options with regards to sail type or construction enter into my decision? :shock:
More data please
harvey H18,16 :P

Post subject: Hobie 18 Sails
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:50 am 
Site Admin

Hobie 18 Sails

The design of Hobie 18 sails is unchanged. We only make them in Dacron. You can order custom color combinations using current colors. WE have gotten sail graphics from North Sails in the past. Any local sign shop that does computer cut vinyl can likely handle it.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject: sails
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:09 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks Matt.
I was not sure if the vinyl could could be put on sails ( numbers, Hobie logo, what was I thinking)
Just a note of thanks to you Matt, about four years back you pointed me in the correct direction when it came to refinishing my 18 1979-80 hulls. I must say with help from you and the boys over at West System the refinish job went perfect, I must also say to those who may read this get your self a compresser and a spray gun and learn how to work with it, then follow ALL THE STEPS listed by the product manufacture, and also Matt. I have now done three 18s and they look better than out of the box, sorry Matt, also if your alittle bit on the anal side about your hulls being pull apart on that sand box well when you prep those hull for the refinish two part system that is the time to add alittle glass and resin to that bottom, but not to much.
:wink: :wink: :P
Harvey