Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slimming the New PA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Well, late report, but Ill charge that one to work!!! Got out on the water last Friday and when I got to the launch there were several Malibu Yaks unloading , guys were from the Macon area.....sorry I cant remember the names. Then as I back my truck up to unload the Yak, .....Tug Boat(Dustin) shows up :beer: :beer: :beer: .....Dustin says hes heading off lil Tybee to hit up the bulls, I decide to hit my Favorite area first in search of dinner....well I found it, I fished until the water was too low to use the Mirage drive,.....actually had to use the SOP as a Push Pole to get out of the area. I then ventured out to meet Dustin on the Sand Bar, to try to entice some Bulls to no avail. As Im heading out I notice I hear Metal banging on the bottom of My yak.....One of my Turbo fins had come off and I was Peddling with one Fin(With No Problem)...when I found Dustin, I pulled the trusty Iphone 4 and looked at my Navionics app, and seen I had peddled almost 2 miles from the launch/ about 5 miles the whole trip. Well, as the tide came in Dustin headed around the island, and I headed back to my spot.....Boy did I get into the Reds.....All reds were 14-18 inches, must have caught over 35-50.....the only Trout I caught was the first cast I made of the Day nice 16" fat lil trout that I invited home for Dinner. All in all I kept 4 reds, and the trout which became Dinner. I got some nice pictures of Pelicans flocking lil Tybee, and they were diving all over the place around me....here are a few pictures from the trip

I have to give my thanks to Reggie @ Boats By Gusto on Oconee......He hooked my up with this yak, and when I told him I had lost my Fin, I had another one 2 days later VIA Mail.....I must say, it is sooooooooooooo much nicer being able to be hands free the entire trip when fishing.....HOBIE!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Slimming the New PA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

great report! I see more and more guys losing a fin, weird. I have mine very loose and never had an issue. looks like a great area to fish.

Post subject: Re: Slimming the New PA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

It is a redfish/trout/flounder heaven