Ok, I did my seat modifications yesterday and some things were different than previously posted.
First off, this was not an easy task and it took me about 4 hours with three trips to the hardware store for screws, nuts and washers. I bought screws base upon the data in the above posts but my screws were different or the data was posted wrong...........anyway, they didn't work, so another trip to the hardware store.
Here is my seat location prior to the install:
The green pool noodle is to keep bait and tackle from sliding under my seat:
This is the height of my seat, prior to the modification( 4 1/2 inches):
First I took the seat off and took the original hardware off. Then mounted the adjustable hardware to the seat ( 4 screws that originally held the hardware on were used):
Next came mount the existing seat hardware to the new hardware and this is where the troubles began.
First minor problem was I had to take the seat back retainer strap off as the new hardware was a tad to big to allow it to stay ( remedy to follow):
Next, as you can see, there is very little room to work in and the original screw is way too short and this was a major problem ( I could never get it to catch the nut, even with the wife's help):
All this trouble was on the right side and where the seat release rod was.
I finally had to go back to the hardware store and purchase a 1 inch bolt to make this work( trip # 3 to the hwd store), as the original was just too short. And, I finally had to take the spring loaded release rod off to get to every thing tightened on the right side.
But I did finally get all the hardware assembled and then I had to get a smaller screw to hold my seat back retainer strap due to the size of the new seat hardware. I had to get a smaller screw to make it work:
However, the left side was a piece of cake!!
After completing assembly, this is the height of my seat ( 6 1/8 inches which made a little less than a 2" rise to the seat):
But my seat now slides way back:
And a surprise, it slides way forward, too:
I will report back as to the stability after I try it out on the water.
Now for the mounting hardware I need for my 2011 Pro Angler:
Hex Cap Screws 1/4x2 1/2 - four
Hex Cap Screws 1/4X1/2 - one
Fender Washers 1/4x1 - four
Split Lock Washers 1/4 - four
Lock Nuts Nylon Insert 1/4-20 - four
All was stainless steel.......but I would suggest you take your original screws with you as they may be different of different year models.
I am looking forward to trying this modification on the water.