Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I've been watching Craigslist for a year now... looking for that sweet deal of a 20 to get me back in, finally found it down in SoCal (I'm in NorCal). We met half way today and exchanged the valuables... $2200 for what looks to be a pretty solid boat (and aluminum trailer)... at least much more solid than others I've looked at.

Apparently the original name of the boat was "Psycho Betty" Anybody know her? (the boat I mean) :wink:

Aside from the FX One and Wild Cat I've been on/raced on all the Hobies and always had a fondness for the H-20... just wish it was raced with a spinaker like the Tiger. My first new Hobie ever was a H-20... maybe that is why I liked them so much... nothing like a brand new boat.

Anyway, I'll be lurking around this forum to check out the latest best set-ups and tuning tips. I'm sure race settings have changed in the last 10 years!?.. probably a few rules changes as well? :shock:

My only worry is having time to get back out on the water!

Cheers,
Brian Joder (Sacramento area)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Whats up man,

I am in Redding, I have a Miracle 20 too, I sail regularly on Whiskeytown Lake...Hope to see you sailing this year..its a pretty cool place to sail if your north of Sacto....I am curious if you know of good sailing lakes in the immediate Sacramento area?? See you on the lake..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:25 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Brian,

What's up? Glad to see you back in the fleet! You can't find a better area in the world to race 20s, than here in Div 3. Typically the 20 fleet is the second largest, right after the 16. We also have several National champs, sailing around the course. Psycho, I remember her, can't remember specifics though.

Did she come with aftermarket sails and all of those accessories, or just the stock config?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:43 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Surf City Catamarans wrote:
Brian,

What's up? Glad to see you back in the fleet! You can't find a better area in the world to race 20s, than here in Div 3. Typically the 20 fleet is the second largest, right after the 16. We also have several National champs, sailing around the course. Psycho, I remember her, can't remember specifics though.

Did she come with aftermarket sails and all of those accessories, or just the stock config?

Hey there Bud! :mrgreen:

It's been so long I don't know stock from upgrades... and I've barely gotten to look at all the parts closely. I need to do some hull work... a couple soft spots on the deck :(

My life is so busy as of late I will have a better chance of getting on the water with Karl Engellener on his Tiger. (certainly not a bad ride either :mrgreen: )

I will make it out to a regatta or two though!

Brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Whiskeytown H20 wrote:
....I am curious if you know of good sailing lakes in the immediate Sacramento area?? See you on the lake..

Well, right now Folsom Lake is getting pretty full... It used to be my favorite hang out on late summer afternoons/evenings with a steady SW delta breeze and warm water....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hello Brian:

Have you gotten onto the Division 3 Hobie 20 reflector?
This was set up by George Pedrick for all the Hobie 20 sailors in division 3 here in Northern California

to register, send an email to George Pedrick [[email protected]] and ask
to be added to the email reflector for [email protected]

As for a Hobie 20 spinaker, a number of the top sailors in Northern California have spinaker set ups for their 20 that they use in non-Hobie races such as the Delta Ditch run.

Welcome to the Hobie 20s and see you on the water.

- Dwight

Hobie 20 #916 San Jose CA 2000 Alter Cup
Hobie 20 #16 San Jose CA (Jordan) 2000 Alter Cup
Hobie 18 #916 Santa Cruz CA 1989 Worlds Boat
Hobie 16 #16 San Jose CA (Jordan) 2005 Custom Main
Hobie 16 #54466 Calling Lake Alta Tequila sunrise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:16 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

dwight916 wrote:
Hello Brian:

Have you gotten onto the Division 3 Hobie 20 reflector?
This was set up by George Pedrick for all the Hobie 20 sailors in division 3 here in Northern California

to register, send an email to George Pedrick [[email protected]] and ask
to be added to the email reflector for [email protected]

Correction: [email protected]

I loved running a spinaker rig on the 20... I look forward to it again too :-)