Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey Group, I visit this site regularly but this is my first post. I usually fish at night in the summer because of the heat down here and was looking for a more efficient system than potlicking someone else's lights. I went with the basic Wildcat light kit from Austin Canoe and Kayak in Houston. The LED's are bright and have a low battery draw. The green lights are in the usual position, but the Revolution does not have a smooth surface for the bug lights except for the pockets which I did not want to use. Andrew from ACK suggested to use them as internal lights in the kayak which was a fantastic idea. I can use the lights to see in my front hatch or open the center hatch to tie lures on etc. The switches for the light are located on the right side by the back of the seat. It is easy to get to, but out of the way.I also bought reflective tape which works well. The picture with the reflective tape was shot at 30 feet with a standard flash. The Scotty 360 light is marginal and I believe the visipole is a better option, but I already had several of the Scotty lights.

ACK also mounted a fishfinder on the kayak for me. I need to commend the Andrew and Jerrod for their work. They thought out the install and it was on time and budget. Great job guys as always I appreciate the work you do. They ran all the wires on the right side of the kayak so I can still keep rods in the hatch on the left. The transducer works well and the battery is placed behind the center hatch so it is out of the way. The install was tidy and better work than I would of done.

I also keep a headlamp on when night fishing and wear a lanyard with a mini mag light to flash at boaters to get their attention. Have fun and be seen out there. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Seems a natural for any yak w/a 12V system. Perfect for a handheld spotlight.

'08 Revolution (SOLD!)
'07 Adventure Island
'07 Adventure Island

Psalm 107:23, 24 (KJV)
They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.