So how about posting the NOR then? Sell it!
1. Beach launch from Crissy Field less than a mile from the Golden Gate Bridge one of the greatest engineering feats combined with one of the world's most scenic settings.
2. The Saint Francis YC is conveniently next to Crissy Field.
3. Does it need to be said that San Francisco is a world class city, complete with no excuse for having nothing to do besides sail?
4. If sailing is all you want then if you can sail the SF bay then you can sail anywhere - ferocious tides and winds right next to wind shadows but no relief from the tide. The wind and tide combinations can create waves that will push your boat and sailing skills to the limit but don't forget you're still in a race.
5. Sail in the next America's Cup conditions for bragging rights.
6. Test your social understanding skills, because the 41st SF Gay Pride
parade is the same weekend and the town will be on fire.
7. Who likes food? If you can't get a good meal of whatever you want in San Francisco then you can't get a good meal.
8. San Francisco is having a cocktail revolution and bartenders are going nuts coming up with new recipes.
9. If you drink microbrew then stop by Anchor Brewing
and pay homage to a brewery that beat the odds and withstood the money behind Bud, Coors, Miller et. al. to keep alive the style of beer you enjoy today.
10. Have an Irish Coffee at the Buena Vista
near Ghiradelli Square that reputedly is the first in America to serve the drink.
11. No visit to San Francisco is complete without seeing a performance of Beach Blanket Babylon
12. Don't make me continue with North Beach, China town, the Old Ship Saloon
, cable cars, the Exploratorium
across the street from Crissy Field, blah blah blah.
And all this is at most a 15 minute cab ride from Crissy Field.