Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

A hug...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:45 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Very nice, informative pictures, thank you Bassfriend. I was wondering how did you anchor the rear pulley? When I did mine I used well nuts to anchor the rear pulley and the next day I had it sitting outside (in the sun) for a couple hours and the hull expanded so much it stretched the bungee to max, and pulled the rear well nut out. Have you had any similar problems?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just wondering how your anchor trolley stays where you set it. I am new to these and have no idea. I like your pics a lot. Good work.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:51 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

MrGreen wrote:
I was wondering how did you anchor the rear pulley? When I did mine I used well nuts to anchor the rear pulley and the next day I had it sitting outside (in the sun) for a couple hours and the hull expanded so much it stretched the bungee to max, and pulled the rear well nut out. Have you had any similar problems?

Use oversized washers or a scrap piece of plastic (or both) on the backside to reinforce the plastic around the area where the nuts come thru.

araz2114 wrote:
Just wondering how your anchor trolley stays where you set it. I am new to these and have no idea. I like your pics a lot. Good work.

Chris

On my Frenzy, the curve of the boat puts enough friction on the line to hold it in place. On the PA, I have a cleat mounted on side of boat by the seat area and have enough slack in the line to make a couple wraps around the cleat to hold it where I want it set.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:02 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hello everyone.

This system has worked very well.

I reinforced the inside of the kayak.

A hug.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:27 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

You dif a pretty nice job but it seems it can(t work for me.

Actually, your anchor will slide under your hull and it will be a shame to get it back. Second point your fixing point for the anchor is not at the front of your PA.

Thats why I've done a double trolley on my PA. One that goes from middle to very front (on the handle). The other from middle to the very rear (on the handle).

The back trolley is used for the sail as well....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:20 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I STRONGLY urge you to rethink the way you are rigging your anchor. Please look around how others are doing it so that it can be quick released in case of emergency. The way you have it, you're fastest option to get off anchor would be to cut the line. That is not a good thing if you find yourself in an emergency situation.

The anchor line should be looped through the ring on the trolly, not passed through directly. It should come to a quick release cleat so that all you need to do to come off anchor is release the cleat and the line slips through the ring on the anchor line. It is also advisable to put a float of some sort on the bitter end of your anchor line. This way, you can release the line, get awry from it safely and come back to pick it up later.

It is a nice job you have done installing the trolly system. Very wise to have one. Not sure where you fish, but on the coast wind and current can make situations where you need to be off anchor quickly (or needing to dodge crazy boaters). Not to mention hooking up a really big fish and taking a ride. Folks around these parts hook bull reds all the time. It's a lot easier to land one of these monsters if you're boat actually becomes part of the "drag" system. The only way to make that happen is get off the anchor line and let the fish pull you. Besides... it's fun.

Here's a very basic video that explains the concept I mention;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WglOaACZe1E

PLEASE take a moment and understand this concept. It is VERY important to understand this. Also, ALWAYS keep a sharp knife on your person at all times when you have this much line running around your boat. You don't want to be looking for one when a bad situation occurs. A small dive knife attached to your PFD (which you are wearing at all times, right?) is a very good idea.

Kayak fishing is meant to be fun. Think about these things in the comfort of your garage, so you don't have to when you're out on the water.

Have fun, be safe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:58 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Say, Bassfriend. What is the black strip on the front of your PA? Thanks for a reply.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:50 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Nice...good photos

2012 Pro-Angler
2011 Pro-Angler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hello turtle2.

Thanks for the advice. :wink:

A hug.