Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New poster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:23 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sold my 3 years old Mantaray friday and got my self a new PA , living and working in the Georgian Bay region of the great lakes in Ontario, Canada .Looking forward to rig it and trying it for salmons ,lakers,rainbows and muskys :mrgreen: Thanks for all the info.

Post subject: Re: New poster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

canadianboy wrote:
Sold my 3 years old Mantaray friday and got my self a new PA , living and working in the Georgian Bay region of the great lakes in Ontario, Canada .Looking forward to rig it and trying it for salmons ,lakers,rainbows and muskys :mrgreen: Thanks for all the info.

I had a Manta Ray for about 3 year as well and upgraded to the PA! You will never look back! I have had my PA for almost a year and its so much more fun to fish from! I couldn't tell you how many times I was reaching back to get something out of my crate on the MR and tipped her over!!! Not going to happen on the PA. I was out last week and was bass fishing and got turned around and criss-crossed my legs trying to turn back and ended up falling into my seat. The PA never wavered! I on the other hand felt dumb for being so discombobulated!

Enjoy your new boat!

Last edited by redwolf3773 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New poster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Agreed with what the other Redwolf said, with the PA, you will fall out of it before it flips. The ONLY times I have ever seen PA's actually flip was in heavy surf either trying to get out past the breakers or coming back in to the beach. I have heard SEVERAL reports of people falling out of them tho..... Most recent, an angler from Louisiana lost his balance while trying to photograph his catch for a tournament went swimming out of his PA.