Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Found a nearly new trifoiler at one of my customers houses. iv asked them about it and they said they bought it new back around '95, used it two times, and sat it in their garage ever since. They asked me if i wanted to take it off their hands, and i told them i would love too! They are asking what seems like a fair price, i could get it but it may take some time, and i also have no place to put it. I really want it, would hate to see this pass me by, what do you think? i need some logical advice here!

Last edited by AdventureMan2.0 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Sorry AdventureMan2.0 but sounds like your not really after logical advice, as you have already self administered that (can't afford, and no where to store) what you are looking for is someone to support you to help justify the purchase! :lol: :lol:

What the hell, go for it! - everyone is entitled to a blow out now and then :twisted:

Its only money what are you going to do leave it for the kids to spend!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:43 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hahaha, i know! my post really doesnt sound like im looking for advice, just confirmation! I know what the best route to go is, but i dont like that route!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:59 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

By the sounds of it, it's not advertised for sale if it's been in storage that long. So it might be there for a while.

Start by finding a place to store it and 3000$. If you find a place to store it, you might be able to work out a lay-away or rent-to-own deal with the current owner since it is an acquaintance selling it.

Every time I was the clip below, I want a tri-foiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXSgZCDVWOM[/youtube]

I'm probably not helping you with that clip.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hello
i live in france
i'm looking for a trifoiler in good status
did you buy your's
if not would you give me the seller e mail ?
many thanks

[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

did anyone purchase the nearly new trifoil described in this forum.
Looking for a Tri-foiler here in Minnesota, if anyone knows of one for sale, please e-mail me , [email protected]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ok, for all that have emailed me, i have not purchased this trifoiler yet, but im really wanting to. im not really interested in telling someone where it is so they can buy it instead of me. i might be willing to sell it after i buy it and play with it a few times. I wanted to post a few pics of it so you can have a better idea of what it looks like. im not sure if there are different models of trifoiles but i havent seen any pics of ones that look like this one. If anyone has additional information about this that would be awesome!

Last edited by AdventureMan2.0 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:51 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

AdventureMan

I would say that's in pretty good shape...

Here are the images of Hull 188 in Belize. We have ours for sale and surprisingly there seems to be very good global interest in used tri-foilers.

Email me at jack [at] bigboyzwatertoyz [dot] com and I can give you an idea of some of the global prices we have seen. You can make your decision to see if its a fair price or not.

Pix of hull and such...

http://www.bigboyzwatertoyz.com/wetrocket/

(ps. this will open an gallery browser, if you have trouble, just copy and paste url into your IE, or FF)