Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Who can I....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Backyard Boats is my local dealer and so far they've been great. On occasion they don't have parts and can't estimate their arrival and will admit it up front.

That's when I've hit Murray's and Surf City. Murray's sends me email notifications when the order is complete and when it ships including tracking info. They are very professional and responsive.

My loyalty is strong though. Backyard Boats welcome my many questions and will walk me through their yard to see examples and discuss options. They even took me into their shop once when I needed to re-drill my rudders. GREAT bunch of guys.

If it ain't a blowin', I ain't a goin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

John Lunn C A wrote:
Guys, understand the 'system' and don't knock Hobie as a brand.....as a company, they are very responsive to customers.

I don't think anyone is. I understand how things work.
My questions to Hobie was to call out my local dealer on BS.

It is just lame that I now have to deal with someone online in order to get my parts. Not knowing to many others around here that own Hobies I can't ask if they use the local dealer. Or where they get their parts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I agree with trying to support your local dealer. However, if they do not support you than go somewhere else. The Hobie dealers in Arizona only sell kayaks. My closest Hobie sailboat dealer is in San Diego, Ca (360 miles away). I have no choice but to order online or over the phone and have the parts shipped to me. I usually use Murrays. If you know what you want, than why complain about ordering online. There are some great online Hobie dealers that treat you with respect and can ship you the parts you need right away!!! They also will take the time to help you out with questions if you ask. Most of these dealers also contribute to this site.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jeremy and Mike at Surf City are great and do everything they can to keep sailors happy. I just had one part fall through the cracks and probably mouthed off a little.

For that I owe an apology.

http://www.sailblogs.com/member/f-185150sailing/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:15 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Another thumbs up for Mariner Sails in Dallas. Aris and gang are great and bend over backwards to help.

Sail #11

Hobie Mirage Classic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I also agree about Mariner Sails in Dallas. I returned to Hobie sailing last year after 20 years layoff. They have answered every question I have had, made great recomendations, hosted Hobie University, and did an excellent job on my sail repairs.
Top notch business professionals.
Dennis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I had the same problem with my local Salt Lake City dealer. I put an H18 furler on my Prindle 18 and went their hoping to get lucky and get the nylon pieces to rebuild it. He didn't have them but put them on order. At first I called back every week but after a month I gave on ever getting them. The stupid thing is I have a friend who is a Nacra dealer and gets 10% Murrays discount who ordered a bunch of stuff for me and I could have order those parts at the same time and they were here is 3 days. I only ever ordered from the Hobie dealer because in the first place because I was there and it seemed convenient at the time.