Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Mr. Miller,

I have a new 2011 Wave, it was to be a club but when I unpacked it, it was in fact an SE, with the old style tramp and cup holders. No problem there, I like it. I noticed that it had a tramp rail installed on both hulls, and I was to insert tramp hooks on each side to handle the tramp cable. No problem there either.

Here's my question. I just unpacked my jib kit, I have to go super on everything. Faster is always better huh. I see that the front spreader and jib to mast installs are very strait forward. However, it appears that I am going to loosen the tramp rail and insert the swivel cleat between the front tramp rail and the boat hull. This is going to result in a slight space around the front and back of the tramp rail.

This seems pretty poorly designed, or am I missing something?

It loks to me like my boat was half club wave, half se. That isn't my problem, I just want to be sure that this "band aid" install is right for the jib cleats. And will not result in any structural compromise.

Looking forward to your answer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 am 
Site Admin

New boats come with tracks, the only real difference between Club and Classic is the tramp itself.

That is the location... placed behind the tramp track on the Club track version.

On the original Classic, when the kit was designed, the boat had the three hooks bolted to the hull. You would remove the center hook and place the cleat mount plate behind it and re-install the hook. For the Club track version ... as all hulls are now... you place in the same location, but is behind the track as noted in the instruction.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)