Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:02 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I've been learning to sail the entire summer and would really like to get into sailing these cats (esp the wildcat). However, I've been searching and asking but got nowhere in finding if there is a school, program, or club that teaches/rents these cats in southern california (from orange county to san diego). The best resource I got is from wildwind adventures in Greece (which I'm planning to goto next summer). Do you guys know any spots in SoCal to learn/start sailing these cats?

Any info would be great....

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:59 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

allstarUhlmann wrote:
I've been learning to sail the entire summer and would really like to get into sailing these cats (esp the wildcat). However, I've been searching and asking but got nowhere in finding if there is a school, program, or club that teaches/rents these cats in southern california (from orange county to san diego). The best resource I got is from wildwind adventures in Greece (which I'm planning to goto next summer). Do you guys know any spots in SoCal to learn/start sailing these cats?

Any info would be great....

thanks.

You might inquire with the F18 group and try and find a crew spot for a regatta - we race locally a couple times per month either in Long Beach or Mission Bay - I know of a couple Wild Cat owners in the area who might like a new crew - try [email protected] (he's the F18 rep in our area)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:48 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

This is great info Jbernier. I didn't know that F18 is quite alive having 1-2 regattas each month. Is this schedule posted somewhere or should I just contact the F18 rep? And does it go all year round? I would like to at least watch and see one of the races.

Thanks again.

- Robert -