Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Up in Ft Lauderdale you will have a small sailing club in John U Lloyed state park that rents a few hobie waves I beleive. To get there from Ft Lauderdale, get on I-95 south, get off Sheridan street. All the way at the end of Sheridan, and I mean the END! just follow the round about, and it will take you into the park. just ask at the gate. It is a dollar a person to get into the park.

http://www.loggerheadsailingclub.com/

OR you have

Key Biscayne there is a spot just south of the Rickenbacher Causeway, it will be on your right hand side when comming from Miami. I would go here, nothing better than sailing Biscayne Bay, plus there is a much bigger selection of cats to choose from.

To get there from Ft Lauderdale, get on I-95 South, just after you pass downtown Miami get off the Key Biscayne exit, onto Rickenbacher Causeway, the exit will be on your right hand side. Just follow the signs you can not miss it. It is a one dollar toll fee to get across the causeway.

http://www.miamicatamarans.com/

Good luck and have fun!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We holiday at least twice a year just north of Ft Lauderdale. First stop is Nautical Ventures, the local Hobie dealer, to see what's new.

Hank pointed us to 'some of his guys.' We love the Getaway rentals on Delray Beach, the H16 in Pompano (Sea Gardens Resort,) and we will explore the Loggerheads Sailing Club in John P. State Park. Time and weather permitting, we also want to try and hook up with Fleet 44.

Are there any other hospitable clubs in the Ft Lauderdale area? The kind of folks that will welcome solid sailors to the warm breezes of Florida? Reach me on the forum, or privately at lunnjohn at magma dot ca

Hobie 18 Sail # 14937
Kanata Sailing Club
Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Not much luck this last week down in Florida. Hank suggested the Fleet 44 Sunday series in Ft Lauderdale.

Met a wonderful bunch of guys & gals in Fleet 44 on the Ft Lauderdale beach. Terrific place for Sunday Club Racing. (Tip, get there early to get good parking at the Municipal lot.) Five H16's, all racing solo in light wind. The rental guy (Wave's) was closed. Thanks for the company and good word, and good winds to all of you.

Hank told us that the John Lloyd State Park rental operation closed over a year ago, so later in the week, after 7" of rain, we went back to John at Sea Gardens. Either the weather was too good, (sunny, no wind,) or too bad, (rainy, lots of wind.) but he was not comfortable to rent his H16 or Getaway.

What do I do for December 2006? Buy a used H16? Are there any other hospitable clubs in the Ft Lauderdale area? The kind of folks that will welcome solid sailors to the warm breezes of Florida? Reach me on the forum, or privately at lunnjohn at magma dot ca

Hobie 18 Sail # 14937
Kanata Sailing Club
Ottawa, Ontario