Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:54 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The forums are certainly an invaluable source of shared experiences, ideas and other relevant information. With Matt's input, monitoring and feedback to and from Hobie, the sytem seems to work fairly well - possibly better than a more formal and censored official company newsletter.
Matt - Thanks for keeping us informed. :) 8) :wink:

Adventure Island Sailing since 2008

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks for the info Matt! 8)
I thought that might be the case re: a stronger material like the V-Brace socket screw. I guess there's not much more more you could do with the existing molded in brass fitting, unless you could tap it to get a larger diameter screw in.
Would this be possible?
Is there much "meat" left around the existing tapped holes?
A pic of the molded in brass fitting before its molded in would be great! :wink:

TIDALWAVE wrote:
I read both Hobie Forums every couple of days...I do not remember seeing anything about the V-Brace Screw replacement? If so, the mention (notice) must have been short-lived. I own a 2010 TI.
Were TI owners supposed to replace the V-Brace Screw (bolt)? My dealer has never mentioned a 'problem' with the screw.

Tidalwave,
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=34466&p=138413
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=36284&p=147355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:38 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

just wrote:
At least it's given you something else to complain about :wink: :D

just,
Of your now 8 posts, two have been complaints and incredibly one was about the use of smilies! :o
Those who live in glass houses.............. :roll:
You know, taking your own advice and limiting your posts might be a good thing. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:59 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

stringy wrote:
just wrote:
At least it's given you something else to complain about :wink: :D

just,
Of your now 8 posts, two have been complaints and incredibly one was about the use of smilies! :o
Those who live in glass houses.............. :roll:
You know, taking your own advice and limiting your posts might be a good thing. :wink:

No worries stringy, I can't decide whether you are either a serial whinger or worrier. You certainly don't seem to have seem to have sense of humour and you don't know a complaint when you see one. For example my post to you was a request not a complaint. :roll: At least I know when it's appropriate to use one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:09 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

These forums are a fantastic source of valuable information for those who share a common interest in Hobie products!
If you don't appreciate that this is the reason they exist, and cannot contribute anything more constructive than criticising a very senior, active and respected member like Stringy, I suggest you find some other place to vent your spleen!
Regular users come here to share, learn, have the odd laugh and participate in some friendly banter.
Please show due respect and try submitting something more constructive than you appear to have so far.

Adventure Island Sailing since 2008

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:26 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Mickeymouse, opinion noted. I thought I was appreciating what the forums was for, just as I thought others didn't. Anyway you'll forgive me if I don't agree with pretty much most of what you wrote other than the forum is a great place for info. Respect is earned and I don't measure by post count or age. I think I've said my piece on this thread and won't take it off topic anymore. I apologise to anyone who was offended.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:59 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the "info" to everyone. Specially Matt's as we need him to take problems we point into account to be sorted. There's always a gap for mistakes, but I do appreciate as they are facing them and put "hands on" to sort them out.
TxYackMan wrote:
I am wondering if we ("As registered AI/TI owners) could get an email or even better a way for Hobie to let us subscribe to an "Official" newsletter or even a quarterly email that would inform us such changes and other news related to our AI/TI boats.

I think Mark pointed an interesting issue here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:08 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

In relation to important notices I thought the way Matt has handled was to add a locked posting with details at the top of the forum subject list which worked well. One locked thread at the top under IMPORTANT NOTICES where recalls, defective parts, new gear etc could become a permanent notice board which only Hobie can add to.

There is room for all here so long as extreme boundaries arn't crossed which I don't believe has happened here. I presume the site has Moderators that look at offensive posts and delete as necessary and if not maybe it should allocate the task to a few trustworthy and willing subscribers....Pirate :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 am 
Site Admin

Yes, We have a admin only topic to display "tech notes".

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=26418

I do a majority of the moderation myself, but try to stay out of most disputes. I have deleted just a few topics over the years and usually by the original posters' request.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)