Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a wave and enjoy it a great deal. I sail single handed on a big lake that can suddenly have winds 20+ so it is perferct. The only problem is launching on CAT TRAX when I am alone. I was told by the CAT Trax maker that the wave does not work very well with cat Trax due to being back heavy (too bad no one told me this before I spent lots of money). I currently push cat traxx in as far as possible under the wave from the front so bow sticks up in air and put chocks under wheels so the Cat TRax wheels don't shoot out forward. Then I go the stern and lift up (my poor back) and push wave forward until centered/balanced (bow-stern wise) on cat traxx. Then everything is OK. However, this is going to hurt my back someday.

I was thinking about buying the Sea Tec dolly for wave $800 but not certain this will solve the problem. Too bad there is not a solution like the dolly for the Bravo -- which was great.

Beluga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I put cradles on the cat wheels and its easy to move the boat around. Also I have another set which are the French cat wheels that hobie sells. I remove the outside wheels using two wheels instead of four. I pull the Wave around parking lots and boat ramps alone and without having to tie it down.