Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I got my first fishing trip out in the new Outback Saturday. First thing I noticed there was high wind where I was fishing and it was a joy to be in the Outback. No more spending all my time paddling just to keep my postion. I love the Mirage drive. Well I only fished a couple of hours because I had my limit of trout in less then one. From there on in it was just seeing how big I could catch. I ended up keeping our limit of 4 trout that ranged between 17" and 22".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

nice!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Nice catch,where are you fishing?

Robin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Many years ago I told the owner of one of the largest canoe/kayak manufacturers that kayak fishermen only paddle if they have to. He said he thought they paddled because they liked to paddle.

I informed him that fishermen just wanted to get to the fish, and they'd do it by whatever means was easiest and kept their hands free for fishing. Told him that the future of kayak fishing was in pedal drive and electric motors. Of course, he's since begun offering both.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tom Kirkman wrote:
Many years ago I told the owner of one of the largest canoe/kayak manufacturers that kayak fishermen only paddle if they have to. He said he thought they paddled because they liked to paddle.

I informed him that fishermen just wanted to get to the fish, and they'd do it by whatever means was easiest and kept their hands free for fishing. Told him that the future of kayak fishing was in pedal drive and electric motors. Of course, he's since begun offering both.

I couldn't agree more. I never could have seen me on a peddle craft till I tried it. Now it's my first choice for fishing. I so far have had 3 people look at mine and ask about it. One guy at Oak Island was ridding his bike by us when he saw me peddle into shore. He stopped turned around and we talked for thirty mins. He was so impressed he was headed out to go look at them that afternoon.