Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gear Trac rail mount
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I want to install this. How is the gear trac mounted on the rail? What is used for mounting it?Image

Post subject: Re: Gear Trac rail mount
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:21 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

It's not available yet ........ still in prototype ........ can't wait to get 1 .......

It's used to attach the geartrac to the PA rail so you can use it to quickly attach and remove equipment. I will use it to attach my Torqeedo controller and a camera ......... possible a scotty mount ........

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Do they have anything similar that could attach to the akas of the islands?

Outrider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We should have the PA rail mount in production within a few weeks. We're shipping a few prototypes out with GearTracs now. If anyone wants this setup email me luther(AT)yakattack.us and we'll get you hooked up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:16 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I cut 20 sets of prototype clamps to attach GearTrac to the PA grab rail today. If anyone wants a set email me at luther(AT)yakattack.us and I will send you a set.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just received my GearTracs today and will say that they are heavy duty. As soon as I get the clamps I'm going to test Luther's idea of mounting the trac on the rail but overhanging toward the bow in the space between the rail and the mounting boards. Depending on what you want to mount (fishfinder, GPS, rod holders) , it could prove to be the ideal position. The GearTrac is definitely strong enough to overhang and still be a sturdy mount even for rod holders. I'm sure the production clamps will be as capable.

_____
_<>-+ copterchief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I think we can use the clamp to mount a trolling motor on the rear grab handle also. I will attempt this once I receive the clamp.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

J0HN wrote:
I think we can use the clamp to mount a trolling motor on the rear grab handle also. I will attempt this once I receive the clamp.

I am very interested in seeing this idea, didn't even cross my mind, but it seems plausible.

http://www.thehobielife.blogspot.com

AFTCO, Kanan Lures, Astral Buoyancy and Alltackle.com Pro Staff
2012 Yellow Pro Angler 12 and 2014 Pro Angler 12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

YakAttackVA wrote:
We should have the PA rail mount in production within a few weeks. We're shipping a few prototypes out with GearTracs now. If anyone wants this setup email me luther(AT)yakattack.us and we'll get you hooked up.

Luther,

Please let me know. This is Russ Pylant. I need to get my PA rigged for out next tournament that is coming up PDQ.

Thanks man...Love your Stuff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey Russ!

I'm cutting quite a few more clamps this weekend. Anyone who has or is buying GearTracs just let me know you want clamps and I'll send them to you at no charge in exchange for some feedback on how they work and thoughts on improvements needed. I'll include the hardware needed to attach them as well. I'll probably send another 10 sets of the prototype clamps. After that we'll wait for production parts.

I'm cutting these from sheet plastic and threading the plastic. Production parts will have stainless steel threads. The prototype parts can be stripped out of you tighten them too much, so be careful about overtightening them. You'll see they don't need to be overly tight to hold anyway.

Shoot me an email at luther(AT)yakattack.us if you have or are getting GearTracs and want a set of clamps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Several of the guys have their GearTrac and clamp kits now. Hopefully we'll see some pics and hear some feedback soon! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have 1 of mine mounted but I don't have anything on it yet ......... it's VERY secure ......... can't turn it by hand and I didn't over tighten the thumb screws .......... it REALLY gives me the ability to change configurations at a moments notice

YAKATTACK has another winner !!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The clamps allow me to mount virtually anything to the rails without having to drill a single hole. I fish a variety of areas and techniques, the gear trac with the rail mounts allow for easy transformations to suit the type of fishing I am doing. Thank you yak attack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just finished with some upgrades to my Hobie Pro Angler...which included (2) 8" GearTracs from YakAttack. Mounted on my rails. Just love having the option to change things up depending on what I am fishing for. Good stuff!

Below you will see I have a Ram Mount rod holder and a 1" screwball that I will use to move my FF closer to the seated position as needed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 am 
Site Rank - Captain

joeyb wrote:
Just finished with some upgrades to my Hobie Pro Angler...which included (2) 8" GearTracs from YakAttack. Mounted on my rails. Just love having the option to change things up depending on what I am fishing for. Good stuff!

Below you will see I have a Ram Mount rod holder and a 1" screwball that I will use to move my FF closer to the seated position as needed.

Thanks for giving me the idea of being able to move the finder.