Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I am putting a spinnaker on my H-18, (All aluminum mast). I am following the Tornado sailors advice by placing a eye strap on the mast and a line down to a pully. A line or bail will keep the pully close to the mast while allowing for rotation. At what height above the existing tang should this pully be set at ?

I will be using a snuffer system similar to the I-20, I can post pictures when I am finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:35 pm 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe this is going to have a lot to do with the way the Spin is cut. If you having a sail made them as the loft where it should be. If you are using a spin that is made for another boat them I suppose you would need to have it at the same height as it would be on the boat it is designed for, may need to measure from the bottom rather than the top. I would defiantly talk to someone that knows for sure before you install your tang.

Thanks,
Brad Stephens
www.sunjammers.com<------new site!
Authorized Hobie/Vanguard Dealer
Division 15 Chairman
Panama City Beach, FL
[email protected]
850-235-2281

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

DVL wrote:
I am putting a spinnaker on my H-18, (All aluminum mast). I am following the Tornado sailors advice by placing a eye strap on the mast and a line down to a pully. A line or bail will keep the pully close to the mast while allowing for rotation. At what height above the existing tang should this pully be set at ?

I will be using a snuffer system similar to the I-20, I can post pictures when I am finished.

I have just finished mounting one on my 18 and mounted it 2 ft above the jib tang. Again it will depend on what sail you are having made to fit. I can recommend a manufacturer in Western Canada if you wish for the sail? Dont forget to rivet the aluminum waterproof jackets in with a bit a silicone so the mast remains waterproof![/img]