Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Through this forum, I have personally met some fantastic people who have easily assimilated with each other, despite vastly different backgrounds and ages.

Today I have just returned from a wonderful group sail with a bunch of AI/TI sailors I had never met before. However, for some reason it was like we had known each other previously.

Some of us participated in an impromptu race, others just mucked about, but at the end of the day, we freely provided help or advice when asked. That's why I love the Hobie TI/AI - great craft, great support & great people who sail them. (We're now planning a camping/sailing trip together).

Thankyou Hobie for producing a craft that people of all ages, backgrounds, etc can easily enjoy the sport of sailing, and more importantly, providing a avenue to bring together a group of bl###dy nice people!

2011 Hobie TI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Here here!
Well said Rob - couldn't agree with you more :wink:

Adventure Island Sailing since 2008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

The Hobie Way of Life!

:)

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:38 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Totally agree. The service from Hobie to its customers is exceptional. And in the AI / TI range their competition, at least down this way, is virtually nonexistent. We have seen many times Hobie going outside the warranty period to replace hulls. They must have a great CEO and management that are willing to sacrifice a bit of profit for customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Trouble is, I worked for a company with a similar philosophy, and it all changed literally overnight with a change of management. Profit was suddenly the main business driver. They certainly paid the price for that mistake. The management was sacked after 1 year and it took another 2 years to get customer loyalty back.

Fingers crossed that that this doesn't happen to Hobie.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Just got screwed over by car dealer. "When can I get one?" "Two or three weeks"
Sign contract. "Oh, if you want a manual, it could take two or three MONTHS. Oh, too bad you just signed the contract"

What a joy to get back to Hobie, who obviously believe in dealing fairly and treating their customers like an asset. Are they the last company left in the world like that?

I tell every one I meet how great Hobie is. I know I am largely responsible for the purchase of at least two Adventure Islands by people I know.

On the other hand, not only will I never deal with that car dealer again, I will do my best to convince my family and friends not to deal with them. So which is the better business model?

PS: Attention Stringy and Slaughter, I'm talking about the Central Coast Motor Group.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:38 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hobie's product support is the best I've experienced from any company I've dealt with. Outstanding! 8)
So Chris.....Is it a new Forester I should be looking out for... in a couple of months?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

It's a VW Tiguan Stringy, but if they can't produce one by the end of March I'll be able to rescind the contract, which I will do out of principle.
PS Picking up the new hull, crossbars and amas on Friday. Yay Hobie!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:35 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Gotta agree. Props to Hobie - and their crew.

Chris, hope you ordered the RED. Faster ya know,..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Naaa. The red looks great, but I ordered boring old........can't see the dirt or scratches, car stays cool in the hot sun, $700 cheaper.........white.

It'll look better with the Papaya boat on the roof too. With the red, it would look like a plate of scrambled egg and tomato.

Also I ordered a diesel, so not even red paintwork is gonna make this baby super fast. Premium grade gasoline costs $US 6.57 per gallon here in the "Promised Land".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

In fact my wife and I took a white, manual, diesel Tiguan for a test drive from the same dealer when they first came out. I've yet to drive anything that would suit us better. So you'll be happy to know Chris that if we do decide to get one, I'll use them for price comparisons and test drives and trade in evaluations etc, right up until I sign on the dotted line, and then I'll hesitate and say to the salesman " On second thoughts, do you remember a bloke called ChrisJ......."

P.S. I can't afford a new one anyway....... but I might be able to afford a 2nd hand one with a Hobie dent.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.