Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Estero Bay double slam!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I wanted to get over my dismal 12th place finish in the IFA tournament so I called Allen Reddick for some Estero Bay fishing. We launched at Week's into a little wind, but not as bad as it was yesterday.
Week's is such a great place to lauch as it's never too busy! We started fishing the flats right outside of the channel on the falling tide. I was using my usual, Gulp shrimp on a DOA cal jighead and it didn't take long to snatch up a slot redfish.
We went with the wind northerly and Allen hook a snook near an oyster bed.
And then, another.
He was using a DOA Cal and tossing at the oyster piles. I followed suit and got my own.
Allen hooked and landed a small trout on the way back in (not pictured) and I caught my only trout of the day that I measured for an on-line tournament.
I had my slam, so Allen started fishing the mangroves on the way back in. The tide had come in enough to hide some fish under the branches. First, he caught a little rat, then, this more respectable red to complete his Estero Bay slam.
The wind didn't show any mercy today and the water was pretty churned up, so it's a wonder we caught any fish. But it ended up to be a great day on the water!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:26 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi Bob thanks for all the great pictures over the past few weeks, I never tire of seeing the fish others catch, particularly ones we don't have on our home waters. Its also interesting to see how others rig their yaks and how they fish, thanks for taking the time.

Now once I figure how to post on the Hobie forum I'll post some photo's of Kiwi fish.