Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I will have my 2 Sports with me and I think an Adventure someone else is bringing Fri-Sun at a really fun Paddle Sport Thingy going on here at Lake Pleasant... Kayaks, canoes, paddle boards....Was hoping there would be a dealer there so I can try the Revos and the rest..Guess I'll have to play salesman on my own and let folks try mine (like I usually do).
Camping and campfires and music (I am playing some guitar and keyboards one night).
3 MeetUp groups that I know of are going.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:13 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

2 Years ago, OEX Oceanside was there at the PaddleFest and they brought the Revo I purchased and used it as a "model", not a demo, since it was purchased. I had my Revo there last year and gave a Kayak Fishing Seminar. One gentleman was really interested. I let him try it and he ended up going to OEX to purchase himself a Revo as well. This year, I am bringing 2 Revo's. I picked one up for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day (it happened to be red too). OEX mentioned they will be there this year. Hope they do show up. The interest is definitely growing. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:04 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Wow. Lived in PHX for 20 years. Moved to Omaha 6 years ago, bought an Outback, and started kayaking on the many lakes in the Omaha area. There's nearly always some kayaks on Omaha lakes, and some river action as well (Elkhorn, Platte, and for the brave, the Missouri).

Up to now I had no idea there was significant kayaking action in triple digit Phoenix heat! Canyon Lake would be a blast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Yup. Canyon Lake is the best paddling in the area.

What gets me is that we have no Hobie dealer in the Phoenix area. There are dealers in Flagstaff, Yuma and LHC. LHC I can understand. Anybody want to go in as partners in a Phoenix area dealership? :wink:

I'm not bringing my Adventure to PF. I want to walk around and visit and don't want anything to grow legs, if ya know what I mean.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:31 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Flagstaff??? Off hand, the only nearby kayakable water I can think of there is partially dry Lake Mary.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:15 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I emailed Hobie a lil while ago about getting a dealership... no responce...sigh...

I'll have my 2 Sports there of course ..hope I get try a Revo..
Going Friday afternoon and camping... early SAt AM on the lake peddlin' about whilst sippin some tea and watchin' the fish jump to check out my Hobie....ahhhh..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

Kramster - I've passed your email on to our sales department. They should contact you shortly regarding a dealership and its requirements if you are still interested.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thank you yes

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:07 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Time to expose the Flagstaff "dealership" for what it really is; A bike store that has 1 `07 Adventure hanging on the wall with NO INTEREST in supporting current Hobie owners or selling more Hobie products other than the yak they have.

OTOH, when I spoke with the Yuma dealer and his asst. they were VERY motivated and helpful!

YMMV.

Kramster, Sorry I missed out on the Lake Pleasent Paddlefest, I haven't made on yet! :roll:

'08 Revolution (SOLD!)
'07 Adventure Island
'07 Adventure Island

Psalm 107:23, 24 (KJV)
They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Good to know thanks..

I did all I could with my 2 Sports...I should have just bought a couple more to show folks and a do a nice lil "Hobie float" with the other yaks going here and there...Every one who tried them smiled..a lot! Can you blame them?

A lot more people showed up this year from what I figure...Maybe next year I/we can make it the "Year of Hobie" ... a Mirage in the desert??

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 am 
Site Rank - Captain

When I decided to buy a Oasis a few months ago, I thought all I would have to do is buy one from a local dealer here in Vegas. Nope. Had to drive to Lake Havasu City. You'd think that with 2 million people and Lakes Mead and Mohave, there would be a dealer here. Go figure! :shock:

2013 Caribbean Blue Outback

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:17 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Guess I better get a dealership going in Phoenix...a few million people around here and some nice lakes to peddle/paddle/sail (read Hobie) in. Then maybe I can try a Revo.

A couple events missed in the past month or so...sigh....

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:16 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

There is a dealership in Lake Havasu, AZ now. I was just there last Friday.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

All of you won't have to wait to much longer for a Hobie dealership in Phoenix! We will be opened in Tempe by the end of May. We are currently the dealer in Lake Havasu City, Southwest Kayaks. We carry virtually every model in most colors. Our Tempe location will carry most models as well. We will be at Lake Pleasant for the Lake Pleasant Adventure Day on Sat. May 19th. We will have demos of the Sport, Revo11, Revo 13, Outback, Oasis, and Pro Angler 14. Come on out and see us! For more information on our new location, give me a call at (800) 206-8810. Ask for Bob, a.k.a. Hobie-wan Kenobe!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:32 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Sailboats too, or just kayaks?

bobn1951 wrote:
All of you won't have to wait to much longer for a Hobie dealership in Phoenix! We will be opened in Tempe by the end of May. We are currently the dealer in Lake Havasu City, Southwest Kayaks. We carry virtually every model in most colors. Our Tempe location will carry most models as well. We will be at Lake Pleasant for the Lake Pleasant Adventure Day on Sat. May 19th. We will have demos of the Sport, Revo11, Revo 13, Outback, Oasis, and Pro Angler 14. Come on out and see us! For more information on our new location, give me a call at (800) 206-8810. Ask for Bob, a.k.a. Hobie-wan Kenobe!