Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:51 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 7:26 am
Posts: 6
Can someone tell me where to purchase the rollers for old Hobie trailers....1983?

Thanks,
Richelle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:33 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:54 am
Posts: 77
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Can someone tell me where to purchase the rollers for old Hobie trailers....1983?

Here are a couple of places you might try:

http://www.trailerdepotofsarasota.com/magic-tilt-trailer-parts-roller-brackets-assembly-c-172_205?sort=20a&page=2

http://www.easternmarine.com/em_store/rollers/

I recently purchased a set for four roller assemblies (PS1550) from Trailer Depot of Sarasota. They were a little pricey but the service was fast and they are a nice fit on my old 1984 Cathauler trailer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:50 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am
Posts: 736
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Just thought I'd check in after my trip. Everything went perfectly. Nothing came loose and I made it through downtown Atlanta without hitting anyone :lol:

Packing:
Image

Mostly packed:
Image

Stopped for the night in Macon, GA:
Image
My new home for 4 months:
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Zach


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:15 am
Posts: 500
Location: Saint John, NB Canada sailing on Washademoak Lake
The bike name is appropriate too. "Marin" is French for sailor.

_________________
Marc...
1978 Hobie 16 Keoke, sail# 36 84
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am
Posts: 736
Location: Indianapolis, IN
56kz2slow wrote:
The bike name is appropriate too. "Marin" is French for sailor.

Pretty cool. I did not realize that.

_________________
Zach


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:37 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 1086
Location: Oakland, CA
56kz2slow wrote:
The bike name is appropriate too. "Marin" is French for sailor.
I'll be hornswaggled. The bike company was founded in Marin County, CA and took it's name from the county, just across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, but the French meaning is new to me. Since there is no French influence to speak of in the early history of California it's unlikely the name is inspired by it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:45 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:15 am
Posts: 500
Location: Saint John, NB Canada sailing on Washademoak Lake
You are right, the odds to be a reference to the french word "marin" is very unlikely. Could have Spanish influence though, both French and Spanish are latin based, so have similarities.

The coincidence is still neat since the owner is a sailor.

_________________
Marc...
1978 Hobie 16 Keoke, sail# 36 84
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Birmingham, AL
Hey PurdueZach, if your boat was there a couple of weeks ago, then I saw it! I'm off for the summer from college and my dad and I went down to Rockledge to buy a Hobie 18. We stopped by Scott's shop to get some rigging for our new boat. Your boat and trailer setup looks great.

_________________
1987 Hobie 18 Magnum, white with Cat Fever (and Blue Hawaii) sails


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:22 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am
Posts: 736
Location: Indianapolis, IN
inspector071 wrote:
Hey PurdueZach, if your boat was there a couple of weeks ago, then I saw it! I'm off for the summer from college and my dad and I went down to Rockledge to buy a Hobie 18. We stopped by Scott's shop to get some rigging for our new boat. Your boat and trailer setup looks great.

That was my boat! That was the only day that I wasn't out sailing. I was out Wed,Thurs,Fri and Sun.

_________________
Zach


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Birmingham, AL
PurdueZach wrote:
inspector071 wrote:
Hey PurdueZach, if your boat was there a couple of weeks ago, then I saw it! I'm off for the summer from college and my dad and I went down to Rockledge to buy a Hobie 18. We stopped by Scott's shop to get some rigging for our new boat. Your boat and trailer setup looks great.

That was my boat! That was the only day that I wasn't out sailing. I was out Wed,Thurs,Fri and Sun.


Sweet! It looks awesome. I'll be going down to Cape San Blas, FL this saturday to sail for a week. Enjoy sailing yours; I hope the weather is nice.

Are you an undergrad or in grad school? What do you study?

_________________
1987 Hobie 18 Magnum, white with Cat Fever (and Blue Hawaii) sails


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am
Posts: 736
Location: Indianapolis, IN
inspector071 wrote:
PurdueZach wrote:
inspector071 wrote:
Hey PurdueZach, if your boat was there a couple of weeks ago, then I saw it! I'm off for the summer from college and my dad and I went down to Rockledge to buy a Hobie 18. We stopped by Scott's shop to get some rigging for our new boat. Your boat and trailer setup looks great.

That was my boat! That was the only day that I wasn't out sailing. I was out Wed,Thurs,Fri and Sun.


Sweet! It looks awesome. I'll be going down to Cape San Blas, FL this saturday to sail for a week. Enjoy sailing yours; I hope the weather is nice.

Are you an undergrad or in grad school? What do you study?

Undergrad in Electrical Engineering. Should be graduating here next year.

_________________
Zach


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:07 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Birmingham, AL
PurdueZach wrote:
inspector071 wrote:
PurdueZach wrote:
inspector071 wrote:
Hey PurdueZach, if your boat was there a couple of weeks ago, then I saw it! I'm off for the summer from college and my dad and I went down to Rockledge to buy a Hobie 18. We stopped by Scott's shop to get some rigging for our new boat. Your boat and trailer setup looks great.

That was my boat! That was the only day that I wasn't out sailing. I was out Wed,Thurs,Fri and Sun.


Sweet! It looks awesome. I'll be going down to Cape San Blas, FL this saturday to sail for a week. Enjoy sailing yours; I hope the weather is nice.

Are you an undergrad or in grad school? What do you study?

Undergrad in Electrical Engineering. Should be graduating here next year.


Very cool. I'm studying chemistry and my twin brother is studying electrical and computer engineering. Good luck with school and happy sailing!

_________________
1987 Hobie 18 Magnum, white with Cat Fever (and Blue Hawaii) sails


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:34 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 310
Sweet setup you have there! How did the hull cradles come out?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:10 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:52 pm
Posts: 163
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
PurdueZach wrote:
I had another idea. What about mounting one of these onto the trailer frame to store keys while you're out sailing?:

Image

Master Lock Wall Mount on Amazon

Now you don't have to worry about losing your keys while you're out sailing!


I love this idea! Thanks! I'll be putting this on my trailer...

_________________
2011 H16... Have a Hobie Day!
1983 H14 Turbo...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cool trailer mods
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:14 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am
Posts: 736
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Nevek wrote:
Sweet setup you have there! How did the hull cradles come out?

Haven't done the cradles yet. I have the PVC pipe cut and ready but I don't know how to attach it best. I want it to be simple and clean but still functional. Not too high on my priority list at the moment.

ftlauderdale16 wrote:
PurdueZach wrote:
I had another idea. What about mounting one of these onto the trailer frame to store keys while you're out sailing?:

Image

Master Lock Wall Mount on Amazon

Now you don't have to worry about losing your keys while you're out sailing!


I love this idea! Thanks! I'll be putting this on my trailer...

I put one of these on my trailer and it is great. When I had my boat and trailer stored at the Hobie dealer, I simply gave him the code to the box and he could unlock the trailer coupler if he needed to move it around.

_________________
Zach


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group