Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Of course this is torture for those who have ordered the PA-12s and can't wait to use them. :wink:

Jbernier wrote:
BTW: the factory has starting production on PA 12's - and we're still on track for early June delivery. I snapped a couple of cell phone pictures of boats getting started in the assembly area yesterday for you guys. Thought I'd share here...

Post subject: Re: PA 12 Photo's
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:51 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Tell me about it..
Almost bought a PA14 in mid april and decided to wait for the PA12.
Time to speculate!
Judging by the photo it seems like everything on the PA12 has been fitted except
the rudder, the square twist and stow hatch, the rod holders, feet pad, seat mounts and front cargo area.
Also looks like there are 7 people actively working on assembling them in the picture and the picture was snapped 3 days ago.
I'd say it's a safe bet to start seeing them ready to ship by mid next week and start arriving in stores 10 days after that. I'm also assuming that the factory is up and running 7 days a week.
Are you able to speculate on this Jacques?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:09 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We are shipping PA 12's this week (initial shipments of 2 per dealer will be first... only those who had them on order) of course the pipeline will fill slowly - so don't expect any available (if you haven't already pre-ordered) until much later in the summer. We don't work our factory 7 days a week - but I can tell you there is overtime involved at this point.
Keep an eye out soon - we're still on target for our announced delivery of early June.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Here's a picture of the line today - we have about 45 more being built (I took this during the lunch break but trust me - a lot of work is being done)

Picture #2 is of another 200 hulls ready to go through assembly next week.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

GIIIIVEEE MMEEEEE

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks for taking them and sharing! It really helps give those of us that already own a PA and the ones waiting for their new PA great insight and more of a connection to what goes into a PA.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:44 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I hope one of those dune colored PA12's is the one I secured with deposit thru my local dealer, for delivery in June!! They look great Hobie! Thanks for the update!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

No worries - hope that everyone had a great weekend. Factory is busy and working hard to build as many PA12's as possible, along-side all of our other kayaks and sailboats - it's all hands on deck here at the moment, and there's no end in sight.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Jbernier wrote:
No worries - hope that everyone had a great weekend. Factory is busy and working hard to build as many PA12's as possible, along-side all of our other kayaks and sailboats - it's all hands on deck here at the moment, and there's no end in sight.

Thanks for all the updates Jacques, my dealer here in FL said he got a memo saying the initial shipments are already out the door. I asked him if he had any idea where they are in the queue but he said he was unsure. Still a great sign though.

Keep up the good work!

President - Gulf Coast Kayak Fishing Association

Like us on Facebook!

Check out my PA12 mods HERE

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

Your dealer is correct. First ones are out the door and could be arriving at dealerships as early as today! Who's going to be the first forum user to post a photo of their PA12? Or better yet, first to post a photo of them and their first fish from their PA12?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Bcastile wrote:
Your dealer is correct. First ones are out the door and could be arriving at dealerships as early as today! Who's going to be the first forum user to post a photo of their PA12? Or better yet, first to post a photo of them and their first fish from their PA12?

Holy smokes. The anticipation is just too great! Brendan, can you give us any clue as to how the shipments were made? Do they go by region, i.e. southeast, northeast, etc. or is there some other method? Don't make me camp out in my dealer's parking lot like you see people doing in front of bestbuy on black friday, lol.

Like us on Facebook!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

holy crap. They're already out the door? Is the full allotment of 2 per dealer out the door already or are we talking about maybe 50% of the dealers getting their allotment?

It'd make for a great memorial day weekend if I was out fishing in my PA12 this Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:53 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

It's pretty random. They are shipping based on order dates and available truck space. I am not sure which dealers have boats on the way right now. They should start getting shipment notifications though to give them a heads up. The ones leaving now are the two per dealer. It may take a few weeks to get these all shipped and then we can begin filling regular orders, which will be based on dealer order dates. New orders are now not shipping until early August I believe. It's pretty hectic out there in the factory!

As I'm writing this, I got the first call from a dealer that just received the PA12's. He said he's got a swarm of people there to look at them! It's all happening!

Maybe Jacques will take another factory photo to share with everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Awesome, thanks Brendan! I was surprised that my dealer wasn't reserving the initial 2 or at least 1 for a demo. But he didn't, and me and another guy benefited. Maybe I will let some of these drooling guys demo my new PA12, for a small fee of course.

Again thanks for keeping us posted, it's much appreciated having you Hobie guys keeping us informed.

TL's,

Jay

Like us on Facebook!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Any idea if any of those PA12's made it on the truck for the Florida dealers? Stopped by my dealer today and there seems to be some confusion. They were under the impression that PA12's won't start showing up for another 30-60 days (even the initial 2's)