Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:09 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I was sailing last Sunday, and a couple came over to us and started asking questions about the 16, so I offered them a ride, and they were brave enough to sail with me !!! They had a blast, I could see the look on their faces as they enjoyed the magic of going fast with just the power of the Wind. They could not stop telling me how much fun they had. They loved it !!!!!
I have to admit, the first time I went sailing on my 16, I had never sailed before, not on any sailboat or Hobie, and I was so excited and happy I was feeling like a new person. Sailing, changed the way I see boating, it changed the way I see life, and made me a better and more patient, calm, and happy person. After so many years of boating, both in the Navy and in my own outboard boats, sailing surprised me with a rush of new life, a much better attitude towards Time and Nature, and I feel like a new Man. I just hope that before I die, I can get at least one person to learn sailing.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

:D :D

That reminds me.. I went down to the lake a couple weeks ago and was going to sail solo in some very light air. I backed the boat up to the lake next to this nice family out celebrating their young sons birthday.

Dad helped me rig the boat... and I never got to sail solo.. they had a blast.. I ought to call him and see what he is up to tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm 17 and since I don't know anyone else who sails, I have tried to get my friends into it. I take them for rides and most of them enjoy it, but few have expressed interest in learning to sail themselves. I makes me sad when, after sailing, some of them would rather take my powerboat or PWCs out next time.